Author Topic: Researching OAKLEY Family in Shropshire in 1890s and earlier  (Read 5343 times)

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
Re: Researching OAKLEY Family in Shropshire in 1890s and earlier
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 11 October 06 15:37 BST (UK) »

In 1841 here is Peter (snr):

HO107125/3 folio 6 page 6 - Lower Bebbington, Cheshire

Mary Oakley 30 Charwoman N
Peter Oakley 9 Y
Mary Oakley 3 Y

All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 11 October 06 15:40 BST (UK) »
By 1851 Peter (Snr) age 19 is still in Lower Bebbington, but a Servant for the Moore family.

To work back through the census for Jane we need to find out her maiden name, which means locating the marriage record and purchasing a copy of the marriage certificate.
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline Toni

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 30 May 07 22:17 BST (UK) »
Hello Pam,

Have just seen your posting, so hopefully you are still checking in. 

Have no idea if there is a connection or not, but my husband has OAKLEY within his METCALFE/HARRISON family, in the same general area as Kinnerley.  His family was in mainly in the areas between Melverley and Llanymynech, including both those villages.  I don't know much about the OAKLEYs myself, but if you e-mail me privately, I'll put you in touch with hubby's 2C1R who has much more info.  She is more directly related to our OAKLEYs than my husband, plus still lives in Salop.  Contact me at:  amheater@cogeco.ca  Please put - OAKLEY ~ Shrops - in the subject line.  I don't want to accidently delete it. 

[Hopefully you have a connection with Judy, as one of her OAKLEYs (also my husband's cousin) is a famous author of children's books.]

All the best,
Toni ~ Ontario Canada

Reidford: All
SCOTLAND: Brown Clark Bain Elvin McClusky/McLusky Stevenson Wylie Jamieson Christie Donaldson Ritchie
CHES/LANCS: Whyatt Hadfield Smith Travis Barlow
NORFOLK:  Balls Stone
HUNTS: Phillips
NRYKS: Metcalfe Harrison Winn
SHROPS: Metcalfe [Richardson]
SOMERSET: Richardson
GLOUCS: Richardson Jenkins
LINCS: Yarwood
SURREY: Payne
SUSSEX: Heater Yarwood Kennelly Rowland Antram    Martin Lanstead
DEVON: Clark Mill Adams Tremeer Brook Newcombe Jewell Baker Dart Witheridge Lyell