Author Topic: Why not a RootsChat T/Sweatshirt?  (Read 8184 times)

Offline lindagene

• I am sorry but my email is no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Why not a RootsChat T/Sweatshirt?
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 27 October 04 23:20 BST (UK) »
 :D :D   Me Me Me Me toooo please, I want one, don't forget me.  No way can I get to a 'meet' but I would be proud to wear one and hope to bump into others, maybe on holiday here, wearing one.

Do we need to tell you the sizes that we want now?, and for those of us who would have to have them posted, what arrangements are needed?

Sooo glad that it seems to be a real happening  ;D ;D

Lindy
Snowdon, Collinson,  Durham, Northumberland,Yorkshire
Payne, Essex    Baker  Norfolk/Essex/Australia
Davies  Staffordshire, Shropshire

Online trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 27 October 04 23:27 BST (UK) »
There won't be a problem posting them even out of the UK - after all, Polo shirts are light enough.

Cheques to be made payable to "The Beer Fund" - no but seriously, we'll let you know of payment arrangements when we have it finalised (blimey)

I still want a fluorecent one though, in XL. :)
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline jaq

• RootsChat Senior
  • willing to share resources
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 28 October 04 00:16 BST (UK) »
so what is wanted then, t shirt, sweatshirts or polo shirts?
who is organizing and how would we order. Or is there a choice of either?
or is it a matter of asking permission to use the rootschat logo and order for ourselves?

i'm confused :-(
Appleby Appleton Bass Dewey Dilks ELEY Fox Foy Frankland Furnivall Hammond Hume lawrence Lewis Manning Moody Muschamp Peck Plumley Spalding Spencer Thurston Watson Willsher Wright Youngs
---
Balls Barker Burton Cambridge Cook Dow Freeman Goody Harrington Mitchell Mitson Penn*ck Playford Smith

Online trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 28 October 04 00:24 BST (UK) »
Jaq,

RootsChat are organising it - for the RootsChat meet, and as Chris said earlier in the thread we have had it in hand, and I said before, we'll let you know of payment arrangements when we have it finalised

Yes - the RootsChat logo is copyright of RootsChat.com  :o (shock horror) but can be reproduced for links to the site, or as long as we are asked.  ::)

Trystan
(wielding the "big stick" of RootsChat Admin)

Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline Jaki

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 28 October 04 02:05 BST (UK) »
I want one too!!! Can't get to any meets, Would be there if I could ... long way to swim from Australia ... lol.

Jaki
<i>OK Charles Henry Kingwell when did you arrive in Australia????</i><br /><b>Coates</b> - Warwickshire, Staffordshire??<br /><b>Hall</b> - Warwickshire, Yorkshire<br /><b>Hirst</b> - Yorkshire<br /><b>Kingwell, Bulley, Bunce</b> - Devon<br /><b>Sample</b> - Northumberland, Durham<br /><b>Shipp</b> - Gloucester<br /><b>MacGillivray, Grant, Forbes, McBean</b> - Scotland

Offline leagen

• RootsChat Senior
  • Researching Family from Ireland during potato fam
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 29 October 04 04:50 BST (UK) »
I'd buy one but I wouldn't want my Real name on it, just the name I use here.  Wouldn't want every Nut calling me by my real name when I don't even know them.  Let's do it.  I'll take a T-shirt And a sweat.
Jenkins-Salmon-Dwyer-Hill-Sargent/ Seargent-Young/ Jung-White-Kinney/ Kenny-Cook-Waterman-O'Neill-McDonald-Shufelt/ Shufeldt-Wilbur/ Wilber-Patterson--Covey-Tisdale-Wells-Dodge-Palmer.

Offline leagen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 29 October 04 04:59 BST (UK) »
I am a very tiny lady.  Can I get a Childs size 14-16?  This is in U.S. sizing.  And why does Chris1066 get gold thread?  I want Purple, the kings color.  My ancestor was Cerdic, king of Wessex in 500's.  Only kidding, any color will do.
Jenkins-Salmon-Dwyer-Hill-Sargent/ Seargent-Young/ Jung-White-Kinney/ Kenny-Cook-Waterman-O'Neill-McDonald-Shufelt/ Shufeldt-Wilbur/ Wilber-Patterson--Covey-Tisdale-Wells-Dodge-Palmer.

Offline leagen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 29 October 04 05:05 BST (UK) »
O.K., I'll take a polo if that is what you are offering.  I'm just proud to be a member here and glad to tell the world, and who knows, maybe I'll run into one of you all around here and then we can talk even if not formally introduced.  Wearing our shirts will be our introductions to each other when we happen to meet.

Offline JillJ

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 30 October 04 21:32 BST (UK) »
Don't know how I've missed this thread.........but count me in!

Jill
Jowett & Broadbent in Leeds.
Perry, Hartshorn/e & Wilkes in Birmingham & Dudley. Walker and Dabill in Sheffield & Notts.
Farrar in Darlington & Leeds.
Kidd & Taylor in Hartlepool & Teesside
Census information is crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk