Author Topic: Marriage Lookup request-Jersey  (Read 1383 times)

Offline kady

• I am sorry my email is not working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Marriage Lookup request-Jersey
« on: Saturday 25 March 06 00:12 GMT (UK) »
My cousin and I would like to obtain the marriage certificate of our Gr-Gr-Grandparents but we are unsure of the exact date.  We know that their first child was born in St Helier abt 1867 (from census).  All their children were, in fact, born in St Helier.  We are assuming they married in St Helier and that it was probably about 1866.  What we know is:
Thomas Bolton CUMMINGS was born in Portsmouth, Hampshire 1841
We can't find him in 1861
Mary Ann OSBORN(E) was born in Merriott, Somerset 1845/46
She and her family were living in St. Peter Port, Guernsey in 1861 where they continued to live after she left and married
In 1871, Thomas and Mary Ann were living with their first 2 children and his widowed father and 2 brothers, in St. Helier.
By 1881, they lived on their own with their 8 children.
If any one can help us to find the time and place of their marriage it would be greatly appreciated!
KENDALL/BRYANT-London; HUMAN/HARVEY-Cambridgeshire; GRANT-Warwickshire; COLMER/SLADE/OSBORNE/HIGGINS-Somerset; CUMMINGS/SANDERS-Hampshire; STONEMAN/BRADBY/CARR/OSBORNE/CUMMINGS-Jersey, Channel Islands; DAVIS/MANNS-Standish, GLS; CHEW-Randwick / Stroud, GLS; HINDER-Randwick, GLS, Ashton Keynes & Purton, WILTS; HOPKINS-Hawkesbury, GLS; WHITWORTH-Butterworth/Milnrow, LANCS, Hawkesbury, GLS, Mangotsfield, GLS

Offline Mike E

• Email notifications have been turned off
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage Lookup request-Jersey
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 01 April 06 12:33 BST (UK) »
I could not find this marriage in the St Helier, Jersey, registrar's index of marriages between 1863-1870 or St Helier parish church 1859 - 1875.  However, it's possible they were married in a different parish church.

It would seem possible that they could be married in Guernsey - but I don't have access to that information.  Sorry.

Mike
Entwistle (Bolton and Edgworth)
Cook(e) (Manchester and Warwicks)
Whitaker (Lancs and Cumberland)
McMillen and Palmer (Co Down)
Hyde and Oakley (Staffs)
Lovet, Edwards and Clark (Salop)
Ratcliffe, Walker and Ruffley (Lancs)
Sainsbury (Gloucs, Cornwall and Yorks)
Laundry (Cornwall)
Waterhouse and Haigh (Yorks)
Bird, Rendel / Rendle, Bull, Stoodley, Shoemake / Shoemark, Groves, Baker, Hallett, Burford, Gaylard, Mounter, Highmore (Somerset)
Barber, Brown (Cheshire)
Waterfield (Derby)

Offline kady

• I am sorry my email is not working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage Lookup request-Jersey
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 01 April 06 23:03 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much, Mike.

Perhaps I should post my request for a lookup in St Peter Port.   T'is worth a try.

Thanks again.

Cheers

Kady
KENDALL/BRYANT-London; HUMAN/HARVEY-Cambridgeshire; GRANT-Warwickshire; COLMER/SLADE/OSBORNE/HIGGINS-Somerset; CUMMINGS/SANDERS-Hampshire; STONEMAN/BRADBY/CARR/OSBORNE/CUMMINGS-Jersey, Channel Islands; DAVIS/MANNS-Standish, GLS; CHEW-Randwick / Stroud, GLS; HINDER-Randwick, GLS, Ashton Keynes & Purton, WILTS; HOPKINS-Hawkesbury, GLS; WHITWORTH-Butterworth/Milnrow, LANCS, Hawkesbury, GLS, Mangotsfield, GLS