Author Topic: Albray/Albrey/Aubrey etc Fareham/Gosport  (Read 2353 times)

Offline JPNIXEY

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Albray/Albrey/Aubrey etc Fareham/Gosport
« on: Friday 08 October 04 09:06 BST (UK) »
Can anyone please shed some light on my wife's grt grt grandfather's marriage and/or census details. He was George and he married Elizabeth Parsons (formerlly Childs), they had 3 children, Rhoda (1843) James (1846) and Henry (1847 [my wife's grt grandfather]) all born in Fareham. I know Elizabeth had previously been married, (to I believe) George Parsons, and if I've found the correct couple on the IGI they had at least two daughters both born in Fareham. Rhoda and Henry both married in Alverstoke (1868 and 1871 respectively). There is no record of a marriage in Fareham for George and Elizabeth, and it would appear that they hadn't been married at the time Rhoda was born, but were at the time James was born. Obviously they were married outside of Fareham, but where? I recieved some information some time ago that suggested George was born in "Reagal" but as searching for that name has basically uncovered nothing, I'm presuming that is a transcription error from  a census? I've found variants of the surname in Riegate, Surry, so whether that is the connection I don't know. If anyone has any information at all on this family line, I'd be eternally grateful. Best wishes to all. Jon.
Albray Albery Albrey Aldbury Allberry Aubery Aubrey; Fareham Alverstoke areas

Offline Ticker

• User is no longer receiving email notifications.
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Follow me on twitter @ShaunTymon.
    • View Profile
Re: Albray/Albrey/Aubrey etc Fareham/Gosport
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 02 January 05 23:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jon
Are you doing a One Name Study on the entire family name or are you just after information on these particular individuals?  :)

If the latter is the case I will gladly move the post for you to a more relevant board which may help to generate a response for you.   Please let me have any information on possible locations (County etc.) so I can place it in the right board.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes

Ticker
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk