Author Topic: drummonds in comrie perth  (Read 9768 times)

Offline kirkys

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: drummonds in comrie perth
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 02 April 20 13:20 BST (UK) »
Here is a photo of my Great, Great ,Grandad Thomas Drummond along with my Great, Great ,Grandma Margaret Clarkson ,THomas Drummond was my grandmothers  Grandad, his Daughter Sabina Drummond was my grandma' s mother, Sabina married Robson Clarkson ,and Margaret Clarkson in the photo was Robsons mother .My grandma is in the photo too ,Alice Clarkson with her son Jack Porritt,who was born in 1901 ,so this photo was probably taken around 1905 ,Janice your Richard would have been a brother to my great great grandma Sabina Drummond ,and Thomas in the photo would have been your Richards dad as well ,regards Sandra 

Offline cookson

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 05 April 20 14:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Sandra, thanks for the post, we have right family, just wrong order. Just to clarify, my great, great, grandad, was Richard Rayner James Drummond, born, Hull, Yorkshire, 1827, to William Drummond, and Hannah Rayner.
Later if Scarborough.
Siblings of Richard, were..
William,
John
Henry
Sarah Ann
Thomas Dawson Drummond..
Sabina would be the niece of Richard, cousin to my great grandmother
Mary Elizabeth Drummond...
Regards
Janice.,
Kipling, Hull. Egan, Cork, Deptford, Southwark. Drummond, Perthshire, Scarborough. Rayner, Hull. Paterson, Lanarkshire. McShane, Armagh, Ayrshire, Lanarkshire. McNiven, Argylre. McEwen, Perthshire. Harbison, Armargh. Lavery, Armargh. Anderson, Ayrshire. Rae, Ayrshire. Graham, Dunbarton.

Offline RobertR

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 13 April 20 18:34 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

Now that I'm retired and in lockdown, I'm picking up the threads of research I started 15-20 years ago. I let it lapse for too long (work got in the way!). I recall contacting someone with a common ancestry at the time - might have been you, Janice?

From my research I got back to William Drummond and Hannah Rayner in Hull, who was my GGG Grandfather. Their son RRJ Drummond's daughter Edith was my mother's Grandmother. I did a lot of digging at libraries and records offices in Yorkshire, even visiting old addresses including tracking up to Robin Hoods Bay and Ravenscar.

However, with William I could only ever find him coming from "Scotland" - no more information than that other than his age and the fact that he was bankrupted in 1822 or '23.  The Comrie Drummonds always appeared to be the most likely candidates for getting further back, but so far I've been unable to validate the link.

Has anyone got any corroborating evidence of this link? We were hoping to do a 'grand tour' of Yorkshire and Scotland this summer to do some more research, but that looks increasingly unlikely in the present circumstances.

Thanks
Bob

Offline kirkys

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 09 May 20 19:37 BST (UK) »
hi Janice,so your g/g/grandad Richard Drummond would have been a brother t o my g/g/grandad Thomas Drummond who is in the photo I put on this thread,I will have to see if I can fish out some old photos ,you never know ther e might be one of them together somewhere,my aun Ena kept loads of old family photos,she always said our Drummonds had links to Stirling castle x

Offline RobertR

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 09 May 20 21:19 BST (UK) »
Stirling Castle. Now that's interesting! Our family tales from Great Grandma is that we were to remember that we were descended from the HIGHLAND Drummonds. To hear the stories from a couple of other sources does reinforce those connections.

Offline towittowoo

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 20 May 20 11:49 BST (UK) »
Hello Everyone
Just to add more Drummonds of Comrie to the mix

Donald Drummond married Isabella McNab in Comre 21st. July 1794
Baptism dates of following children - all in Comrie
Elisabeth 16th. Dec 1705
Isabel 13th. Jan 1799
Margaret 02nd. March 1800
John 18th. Apr 1802 married Christina McEwan  21st. May 1837 in Muthill
Thomas 04th. Jan 1807
Donald 20th. June 1810
Cathrine 20th. Nov 1810
Stay Well
Tom Buchanan

Offline HarryFreeman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 15 August 22 19:14 BST (UK) »
Hi and sorry about the late response - I have a ggg ggfather from Comrie in Duncan Drummond born 1776

His father also Duncan Drummond born Comrie ….

I’m wondering where these two fit in.

One of my Duncan’s married a Katherine Mailor if this helps…