Author Topic: drummonds in comrie perth  (Read 9770 times)

Offline crdrummond

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: drummonds in comrie perth
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 06 January 10 19:04 GMT (UK) »
Thanks hume - I have now registered and am looking around the site.  Out of interest, it looks like the census data only goes back to 1841, but the info you provided on the Drummonds dates before 1795.  Can I ask where I should look to start tracing this far back?
Apologies if I'm missing the obvious!
Catherine

Offline hume

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 07 January 10 14:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Catherine,

This information came from the International Genealogical Index (IGI for short). They have a lot of Scotland's Old Parish Records and also have the statutory birth and marriage indexes from 1855 to around 1874. Original images of the registers do need to be viewed on ScotlandsPeople though. :)

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Search/frameset_search.asp

From a post from fellow RC-er Gadget recently:

Go to Family Search, Search page

Select International Genealogical Index from the left hand menu

Enter the parents' names in the right hand boxes where it says Father and Mother

You can narrow down your search using counties but this may not be the best idea, especially if your family moved from place to place.

hume :)

Offline skems0

• Error with email address please contact support for help
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 16 January 11 18:25 GMT (UK) »
I think that more info can be had (*)
My great-great aunt was a Catherine (Katie) Drummond who had a sweet shop in Comrie in the late 1800s.

Regards

weetroot

(*) Moderator's Note: link to business website nothing to do with this thread removed
We are unable to send new password as we only have an old email for you.

Offline Neil Drummond

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 12 March 20 20:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi There
Can you tell me of dates for William Drummond and Margaret McEwan?
Did they have a daughter Janet Drummond?
hi. got back to my grt grt grt grandfather , William Drummond in COMRIE Perth, and Margaert McEWAN. Does this ring any bells with anyone please.  :)
William Drummond  m MS Mcewan  james d  janet d campbell d

Offline cookson

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 12 March 20 20:52 GMT (UK) »
Hello, my, William Drummond, was born,comrie. Perthshire, 1768.
Margaret, McEwan, was born, also, 1768, Comrie, Perthshire.
Children...william
john
donald
duncan
alexander.
james
christian blair
donald
catherine.       cant see a Janet.... Regards. Janice,
Kipling, Hull. Egan, Cork, Deptford, Southwark. Drummond, Perthshire, Scarborough. Rayner, Hull. Paterson, Lanarkshire. McShane, Armagh, Ayrshire, Lanarkshire. McNiven, Argylre. McEwen, Perthshire. Harbison, Armargh. Lavery, Armargh. Anderson, Ayrshire. Rae, Ayrshire. Graham, Dunbarton.

Offline Neil Drummond

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 12 March 20 21:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Janice my William Drummond  & Margaret S Mcewan no dates   James 1795 auchterarder  Janet no date  Campbell 1813 trinity gask  William was my 4 greatgrandfather sorry if no help  Neil                                                                                                                                   

Offline kirkys

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 28 March 20 21:59 GMT (UK) »
 William Drummond born 1766 Comrie Perthshire and Margaret Mcewan born abt 1760 they married on 14th August 1796 in comrie Perthshire Scotland .Their son   William Drummond was born in 1797, Comrie Perthshire Scotland was my Great ,Great ,Great,grandad ,he married Hannah Rayner she was born in Hull about 1800 ,their son my Great, Great  grandad was Thomas Drummond ,Thomas was living In Town street Falsgrave Scarborough in 1861 Richard Drummond lived next door to him , Thomas was living at 38 Duncombe street Grimsby. On the 1911 censor Richard was living at
     160 Kent St Great Grimsby
Parish    Great Grimsby
Town    Great Grimsby as someone on this tread wanted to know where Richard was living  ,

Offline cookson

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 31 March 20 19:29 BST (UK) »
Hi there, happy to receive your post regarding the Drummonds.
Richard Rayner James Drummond , was born in Hull, circa, 1825. he was your Thomas Drummond, brother, they moved to Scarborough,  your Thomas moved to Grimsby i believe,
Richard Drummond, was my great, great grandfather, got lots of Drummond info if you would like it.
Richard was living in Scarborough in 1901 census....
Regards    Janice...
Kipling, Hull. Egan, Cork, Deptford, Southwark. Drummond, Perthshire, Scarborough. Rayner, Hull. Paterson, Lanarkshire. McShane, Armagh, Ayrshire, Lanarkshire. McNiven, Argylre. McEwen, Perthshire. Harbison, Armargh. Lavery, Armargh. Anderson, Ayrshire. Rae, Ayrshire. Graham, Dunbarton.

Offline lanarman

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 31 March 20 21:11 BST (UK) »
I have a Mary Drummond born 1764 to Alexander Drummond and Margaret McEwen in Comrie. Siblings John, Gregory, Christian and Margaret according to SP.
Does this Alexander fit into anyone (on this board)'s tree? Has anyone done a DNA test I could compare to? (I am not 100% positive that these are the parents for my Mary Drummond but they are the only ones on SP that fit).