Author Topic: Ancestral blunders  (Read 3774 times)

Offline Su

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Every time an Angel smiles a flower grows
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestral blunders
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 29 March 06 18:59 BST (UK) »
When we were little we used to have a big wooden box full of old photo's that my sister and I used to go through on rainy days.

Mum wasn't remotely interested in them, and one day sent me across to the corner shop with her shopping list written on the back of her 'Wedding Photo' !!  I still have it with half a pound of cheese, a pound of onions, 6 rashers of bacon and a loaf written in pencil.

A lot went missing, they are probably in the hands of the greengrocer's family  :D but luckily my sister and I managed to salvage quite a few between us.

Su
Barnett Altrincham/Manchester
Bates Hindley Lancs
Bowyer Altrincham Cheshire
Cunliffe Hindley
Hollingworth Hale Barnes/Mobberley Ches
Jones Salford/Altrincham
Ramsdale Hindley Lancs
Timperley Warburton/Dunham Massey
Yarwood Great Budworth,Lymm,Dumham Massey

All Census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright

Offline sandie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestral blunders
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 29 March 06 21:39 BST (UK) »
During the war my parents shared a house with my mother's parents and her two sisters, so when the house was destroyed in the blitz any photos etc. they had were also destroyed.

I did ask a cousin on my father's side whether she knew of any family photos and she said she remembered there being an album with pictures of my dad and his brothers when they were young but didn't know what happened to it.  Then went on to say, and I quote, it probably got thrown out, well you find that sort of thing when you're moving house and think they're not wanted any more and just dump them, don't you?  Altogether now... NO, YOU KEEP THEM!!

Sandie
Lewis & Davies in Glam.
Richards & Roberts,  in Carmarthen & Glam.
Bowen & Morgans in Carm.
Walters & Mort in Glam.
Dinmore, in SE London (prev.Surrey & Kent), Lowestoft & Yorks.
Collier/Collyer, Tyler & Welch in SE London(prev.Surrey)

All census transcriptions are Crown Copyright