Author Topic: Transcript of St Sepulchres Church Graveyard, Northampton  (Read 88005 times)

Offline drewsankie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My 6 X Gt Uncle James Brindley
    • View Profile
Re: Transcript of St Sepulchres Church Graveyard, Northampton
« Reply #126 on: Thursday 04 May 06 23:41 BST (UK) »
Hello Sue
If Edward Masters was buried at St Seps, Then sadly his grave has gone.
Both Sandy and myself have noted on one side of the church yard, many broken graves, either by weather or vandals.

Ian
Census transcriptions Crown Copyright, www.NationalArchives.gov.uk<br /><br />GENEALOGISTS DON`T DIE THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS !<br /><br />Markie, Northants, London, Scotland, New Zealand<br />Gibson,Gt Doddington, Denton Northants<br />Allen, Northampton<br />Ashley,Kettering Burton Latimer, Kings Cliffe, Australia <br />Stubbs. Northants, Staffs<br />Greenough, Northampton<br />Lewin, Brownsell, Bucks.<br />Whitehead, London, Scotland.<br />Thompson, Mears Ashby Northants/ Tiney, Woodford

Offline sue 1950

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: Friday 05 May 06 08:56 BST (UK) »
Thankyou for that,it's just that whilst I was in the record office in Northants hubby went round the churchyard and said he saw this grave and he didn't realise that it was his gt x 3 grandparent's grave untill I told him, that was only beginning of this year, so would it of got damaged?I didn't have time to go back and have a look.
Sue........
Researching Dixon Dawson Wood Wilkinson Wackett from Lincolnshire (Caistor area) Ringrose Higgs Riddington Lord Burley from Leicester (Countesthorpe) Holmes Abbott Ringrose Motson from Beverley and Hull Leics. Fawcett Fenwick Hare Mareham Le Fen Revesby Horncastle Lincolnshire.

Offline drewsankie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My 6 X Gt Uncle James Brindley
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: Friday 05 May 06 09:04 BST (UK) »
Hello Sue
Well i dont remember seeing that grave unless it was inside.
My inscriptions were done back in 1996.
Pehaps if Sandy see`s this she may be able to thow a little bit more light on this, as she has photos of all the graves, so you never know, perphaps, this is one of the graves that was buried and now is standing.

Sandy do you have a record at all for Edward Masters, ?

Ian
Census transcriptions Crown Copyright, www.NationalArchives.gov.uk<br /><br />GENEALOGISTS DON`T DIE THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS !<br /><br />Markie, Northants, London, Scotland, New Zealand<br />Gibson,Gt Doddington, Denton Northants<br />Allen, Northampton<br />Ashley,Kettering Burton Latimer, Kings Cliffe, Australia <br />Stubbs. Northants, Staffs<br />Greenough, Northampton<br />Lewin, Brownsell, Bucks.<br />Whitehead, London, Scotland.<br />Thompson, Mears Ashby Northants/ Tiney, Woodford

Offline seahall

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • https://5bravemen.weebly.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: Friday 05 May 06 10:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue/Ian  :)

Here it is. It wasn't buried just covered before I could see whose it was.

Cheers Sandy
Census Crown Copyright

Offline sue 1950

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: Friday 05 May 06 10:22 BST (UK) »
Morning to you both,

You fantastic couple you have been so helpful, I was beginning to doubt hubby, must of been well covered when you went.
Many thanks to you both  have a good day.
Sue.............

do you have the marriages for this church please?
Researching Dixon Dawson Wood Wilkinson Wackett from Lincolnshire (Caistor area) Ringrose Higgs Riddington Lord Burley from Leicester (Countesthorpe) Holmes Abbott Ringrose Motson from Beverley and Hull Leics. Fawcett Fenwick Hare Mareham Le Fen Revesby Horncastle Lincolnshire.

Offline seahall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: Friday 05 May 06 11:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue

This web link is very good re: census for Ian and all.

http://www.staffs.ac.uk/schools/humanities_and_soc_sciences/census/vichome.htm

Go to link then click on Family History on the righ-hand side then scoll down to title
Introduction to the Census Enumerators' Books

Cheers Sandy

Census Crown Copyright

Offline sue 1950

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: Friday 05 May 06 13:10 BST (UK) »
Thankyou for that, interesting web site.
Sue

Offline seahall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: Friday 05 May 06 14:13 BST (UK) »
Hi again Sue

Whose marriage/s are you looking for  ;D

Sandy
Census Crown Copyright

Offline sue 1950

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: Friday 05 May 06 15:17 BST (UK) »
Hello Sandy
Possibly Esther Hare and Richard Ager, I say possibly as I can't find a marriage for them but she died in St Sepulchre area and she seemed to have lived in that area a marriage between 1841 and 1863 if that is of any help to you.
Do you have deaths for that area as well?
Sue.......