Author Topic: My Nan's Memoirs!  (Read 1013 times)

Offline CarolBurns

• I am no longer accepting new replies to my topics
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm still looking !
    • View Profile
Re: My Nan's Memoirs!
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 01 April 06 00:55 BST (UK) »
What a great thing to have in your possession David.

My dad is 71 and he often gets confused about things he is doing or talking about at the moment but when it comes to the stories about his childhood, and even his parents childhood that he was told, he remembers every detail. I have always loved to sit and listen to him and never get bored event hough I may have heard the story a dozen times. My brother and sister don't have the patience to sit and listen so I am always the one who hears the words " I remember when......"

I remember my Gran telling me stories about the family as well which have come to good use with my research.

I just wish I had been able to write them down at the time. My dad's second cousin told me today that his dad had tried to tell them things so often but they never had the time. Now he has passed they wish they had listened.

Carol
Thomas, Williams,Owen (s),Griffith (s), Jones - Anglesey<br />Burns, Wallace - Northumberland, Ireland, Scotland<br />Horsburgh, Sandilands, Blackhall, Rankine, Rankin, Hilson, Nielson - Scotland <br />Turnbull, Mills, Burgoyne, Burgon - Northumberland, <br />Davidson - Scotland, India, Burma<br /> Lopez - India, Burma<br/>