Author Topic: William Pearce  (Read 1022 times)

Offline Wilfred

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
William Pearce
« on: Friday 31 March 06 16:05 BST (UK) »
I am looking for a William Pearce in the Portsmouth area around 1850, from his daughter Ann's wedding certificate it mentions him as a Poulterer.  However I haven't found any more information on him.
Wilfred Gayleard
Gayleard, Pearce, Evans, Wood

Offline karencaddy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Pearce
« Reply #1 on: Friday 31 March 06 20:10 BST (UK) »
do you mean he was born in 1850?, do you know how old his daughter was when she married?

Offline Wilfred

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: William Pearce
« Reply #2 on: Friday 31 March 06 20:33 BST (UK) »
Sorry fo the lack of information, actually I don't have much other than Ann being in the 1851 census in Portsmouth under the name Ann Gaylard.  The only other information I have to connect the two was Ann's second marriage to Williams Barnes in 1870.  I go a copy of the marriage certificate and this is the only reference I have to her family.  In it it refers to her father as William and occupation as Poulterer.  I haven't actually managed to find the marraige between her and George Gayleard in the mid 1840's but have decided to try to find her marriage. I thought if I could track her family I could track down her.  So I am thinking (and hoping) I can still find him in either 1840's or 1850's around Portsmouth.
Sorry for the long roundabout.
Wilfred
Gayleard, Pearce, Evans, Wood