Author Topic: 1871 Census Look up please - Leeds - Smith (Sorry!)  (Read 1450 times)

Offline JillJ

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
1871 Census Look up please - Leeds - Smith (Sorry!)
« on: Saturday 09 October 04 21:07 BST (UK) »
I should be very grateful for any help in finding:

Joseph Patrick Smith and his wife Ann.   Ann was born 1818 in Leeds.   I don't have a birth date for Joseph Patrick but think he would have been older than Ann, possibly by a few years because he was a widdower when they married in 1843.   He was a Silk Spinner.   They may have lived at Woodhouse, Leeds.

Many thanks.
Jowett & Broadbent in Leeds.
Perry, Hartshorn/e & Wilkes in Birmingham & Dudley. Walker and Dabill in Sheffield & Notts.
Farrar in Darlington & Leeds.
Kidd & Taylor in Hartlepool & Teesside
Census information is crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Fitty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Rooting through my Roots
    • View Profile
Re: 1871 Census Look up please - Leeds - Smith (Sorry!)
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 10 October 04 21:08 BST (UK) »
Jill,

I,m going back to Woodhouse Cemetery in a couple of weeks.  I,m going to see if i can send off for the plans and try and find my away about.  I,m so flipping mad with myself because i saw some smiths too!

Next time i go i,m taking a good pair of secataurs with me and a machetty <g>

I'll have tp persaude my other half to go with me tho' cos it was a bit of a dodgy area ( sorry to anyone living in the area who is reading this).

I'm uploading pictures of the headstones i managed to clear on my website.

http://revjim.is-a-geek.com/fittysroots.   The link to St Marks is on the frontpage there.

Fitty- onna mission  lol
---------------------------------------                    <br />                    (  @ @  )<br />-----------oOOo-(_)-oOOo---------<br /><br />       Any one seen any BAXENDALES?<br /><br />--------oooO---------------Oooo-------<br />           (    )                    (    )<br />            \\\\  (                      )  /<br />             \\\\_)                    (_/<br /><br />Brighouse:  Smith<br />Lambeth: Clisby<br />Leeds: Baxendale,Baxter, Beales,Bowe

Offline JillJ

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 11 October 04 11:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Fitty,

Sounds to me as if you'd better take the riot squad with you as well!   Email on its way to you.

Jill
Jowett & Broadbent in Leeds.
Perry, Hartshorn/e & Wilkes in Birmingham & Dudley. Walker and Dabill in Sheffield & Notts.
Farrar in Darlington & Leeds.
Kidd & Taylor in Hartlepool & Teesside
Census information is crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Fitty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Rooting through my Roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 11 October 04 16:36 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that Jill.  I got the email and the pics.  If you have any with inscriptions on them i'll post those as well.  You never know! someone might see them and get in touch.  every little helps.

Fitty
---------------------------------------                    <br />                    (  @ @  )<br />-----------oOOo-(_)-oOOo---------<br /><br />       Any one seen any BAXENDALES?<br /><br />--------oooO---------------Oooo-------<br />           (    )                    (    )<br />            \\\\  (                      )  /<br />             \\\\_)                    (_/<br /><br />Brighouse:  Smith<br />Lambeth: Clisby<br />Leeds: Baxendale,Baxter, Beales,Bowe