Author Topic: Meeting a "new" cousin  (Read 1268 times)

Offline DavidJP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Meeting a "new" cousin
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 01 April 06 02:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol,

Meeting a new rellie is always an interesting experience!!

I forgot to mention in my new rellie thread that my new rellie emailed me a photo of my Gt Gt Gt Grandfather George William Tanner, a Hackney Cab Driver in London. Until this point I had no photos of that branch of the family at all, so receiving this photo was brilliant!!

Hope that photo of yours turns out to be of your Gt Gt Gt Grandfather!!

Researchers Heaven, what a place!!

Regards,

David.
Aitcheson, Aldred, Batty, Bauer, Bone, Brewer, Dean, Doyle, Durant, Fife, Finney, Gibson, Graham/Grayham, Hall, Harrison, Hersey, Hill, Holliss, Hudson, Hussey, Insley, Kelsey, King, Laver, Longmore, Luke, Mellor, Newman, North, Parker, Phillips, Porter, Read, Robinson, Rowel, Spink, Sproxton, Steer, Stevenson, Tanner, Witty/Whitty, Warburton, Wood.
(For more information on the above surnames please check the Surname Interest Table below.)

Offline CarolBurns

• I am no longer accepting new replies to my topics
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm still looking !
    • View Profile
Re: Meeting a "new" cousin
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 02 April 06 13:19 BST (UK) »
Hi David

Well I put one of the photos in the photo restoration section and there have been two dates come back so far.

The first was 1860 which would have made him my GGG Grandfather but then Prue (very knowledgable on dates etc) came back with about 1894 + which would make it the son of my GGG Grandfather. Either way I will ba happy to have found at least a photo of them. It's amazing how much info a simple photo can give out and if you have enough dates and info you can make a very good guess (usualy about 90% correct) about which member of the family it could be

Carol
Thomas, Williams,Owen (s),Griffith (s), Jones - Anglesey<br />Burns, Wallace - Northumberland, Ireland, Scotland<br />Horsburgh, Sandilands, Blackhall, Rankine, Rankin, Hilson, Nielson - Scotland <br />Turnbull, Mills, Burgoyne, Burgon - Northumberland, <br />Davidson - Scotland, India, Burma<br /> Lopez - India, Burma<br/>