Author Topic: Help with a translation needed  (Read 5178 times)

Offline Half Pint

• RootsChat Veteran
  • my wonderful mum and dad here in Leicester
    • View Profile
Re: Help with a translation needed
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 15 April 06 23:11 BST (UK) »
Hi

Thank you for all this, it is really good of you.

I will email Steve in the morning when I have had a chance to make a couple of phone calls to find out abit more information about my Popples.

Mine isn't there but they could be if I find out some more information.

I do have one name in my tree on tribal pages so it was really good to be able to see how things will look when I have added the 400 from my Stephenson side of the family, one of which was Wiliam Popples mother-in-law.

I knew it would be a lifelong project but I honestly didn't realize the depth to which it would get under skin.

Will email you and let you know how we get on.

Take care for now and happy hunting.

Half Pint
Beds: Chapman, Norris, Nicholls
Cul:  Bone, Casson, Cuppage, Ellwood, Harrington, Harrison, Huddleston, Mawson, McAvoy, Rooney, Sherwen, Singleton, Stephenson, Taylor, Tunstall, Tyson, Wedgwood, Whitehead, Woodall
Herts:  Chapman, Merridan, Seymour
Ire:  Macken, McAvoy, Rooney
Lancs:  Casson, Dixon, Huddleston, Hunter, Muschamp, Skirrow Stephenson, Tyson
Staffs:  Burslem, Tunstall, Wedgwood
Yorks:  Harrison, Lund, Roberts, Swire

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gwell Angau na Chywilydd - Mametz Wood 1916
    • View Profile
Re: Help with a translation needed
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 15 April 06 23:20 BST (UK) »
Glad to help
Cheers Dave
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   Research:   Clements, Jenkins, Jones, Williams, Davies, Renfrey in Cardiganshire.   Trow, Jones, Clayton in Montgomeryshire.  Renfrey, Datsun, May, Stephens in Cornwall.   Foster in Liverpoo.l   Milliner, Fry, in Gloucestershire.  Mawby, Popple in Rutland.   Kent, Fry, Robinson, Nott, Griffiths in Somerset.   Willis in Oxfordshire.   Fishlock, Snell, Fry, in Wiltshire