Author Topic: I can't find her?  (Read 2125 times)

Offline bobbie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: I can't find her?
« Reply #9 on: Monday 11 October 04 15:03 BST (UK) »
Hello Lindy,
It's a real pig isn't it?
But I'm sure we will both get there in the end, people on this chat page are so very helpful aren't they?
I'm going back up to live in Yorkshire soon, is there anywhere I can look for you, I know its Morpeth, but Hull might have something in their archives. Anyway let me know if I can be of any help.
Bobbie

Offline lindagene

• I am sorry but my email is no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 11 October 04 17:29 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the offer Bobbie,
Sadly I would not know what to tell you to look for, the mother of Robert born in the workhouse was Ann Snowdon, but she does a disappearing trick after that, along with Robert.  There is an Ann Snowdon on the 1871 census in the Morpeth area, working as a servant, but no Robert with her.   He does not seem to show on any records until 1891 and I have no idea of where he could be inbetween times.
However, should you come accross a six year old boy called Robert Snowdon on any of your travels, I would be delighted to know about it.  I hope that you are more succesfull than I think I will be.
Lindy
Snowdon, Collinson,  Durham, Northumberland,Yorkshire
Payne, Essex    Baker  Norfolk/Essex/Australia
Davies  Staffordshire, Shropshire

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 11 October 04 17:35 BST (UK) »
bobbie,

I'd be a wee bit suspicious of the Betts if I were you - that might just be the name of the guilty party so to speak.  Tim suggests you request an 1861 look-up based on that 1862 address - seems like a good idea to me.  I'd also start looking for any Betts families.

Good luck

Nell
All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline bobbie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 11 October 04 17:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Nell, and Hi Tim. I would if I could, ask for an 1861 look up; but being quite new to this, how do I do it? whom do I ask?
Thanks, Bobbie

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 11 October 04 17:49 BST (UK) »
bobbie,

Navigate your way to the Census Look-up request board, or to the Yorkshire board.  Click on the button that says "New topic".  Put "1861 Census Look-up Clifton York" in the Subject line.  Then type your message just as usual saying exactly what you are looking for i.e. name of person, that Cole Street was her known address in 1862, parents unknown, age unknown.  Give her occupation and ask if anyone can spot her.  Keep your fingers crossed and maybe you'll get lucky.  Unfortunately I can't help you 'cos I don't have access to Yorkshire records, but some kind soul here might read this and find it for you. ;)

Good luck.

Nell
All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk