Author Topic: lloyd mystery  (Read 1828 times)

Offline sha61

• I have chosen not to receive new notifications
  • RootsChat Extra
  • the reed family (swansea)
    • View Profile
lloyd mystery
« on: Tuesday 04 April 06 11:42 BST (UK) »
hello
 i wonder if some kind person can help me solve a mystery..
my grt grt grandmother Mary Elizabeth Lloyd was born in 1856c in  denbighshire.. her father was Edward Lloyd born 1837, holywell flintshire.. he was a cordwainer/shoemaker.. i have found Edward on numerous censuses, living on his own.. but my grt grt grandmother is`nt with him, i have checked the 1861 census in which she would have been 5/6 yrs old, and she is`nt with him. the only alternative i can see is that Edward`s wife died and Mary was brought up by her grandparents.. Mary went on to marry a William smith in neath glamoring, but then died giving birth to her second child in 1879... i`ve done a bit of searching on Mary in the 1861 census and the only probably entry i can find is ,,, she is living as a boarder with a Jane Davies 1809c.. there is also a William Lloyd 1851.. but this is the tricky bit.. on the 1851 census Jane Davies has a daughter .Margaret Davies born 1841c.. now would`nt she have been to young to be William and Mary`s mother  :-\     
smith.. reed.. williams.. collier.. griffiths.. swansea

manchester.. clark.. sugg.. roach.. knight

Offline Shadows

• RootsChat Extra
  • mam & me
    • View Profile
Re: lloyd mystery
« Reply #1 on: Friday 12 September 08 19:10 BST (UK) »
Hi,

In your Lloyd research have you come across an Edward Lloyd b.1856, Holywell, Flintshire, Wales.  I know there are more than Edward born the same year & place which makes finding mine quite difficult.  I don't know anything about his parents/siblings.  He did move to England, Durham area & marry Lydia Curry.
Any help at all would be much appreciated.

Regards
Names: Boggon, Beardsley, Coulthard, Thomas, Tate, Smart, Stark, Ridley, Hudson, Hardy, Lloyd, Curry, Fairclough, Thompson, Allen, Simon, Jones, Hunter.
Areas: Durham, Northumberland, Staffs, Shropshire, Lancashire, Scotland,Wales, Ireland

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 12 September 08 19:43 BST (UK) »
You would do far better if you entered this Edward Lloyd from Holywell as a new topic on the Flintshire Board.

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Shadows

• RootsChat Extra
  • mam & me
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 12 September 08 20:01 BST (UK) »
Hi,

That's what i'd like to do but i cant find a link or botton to do that.

Regards
Names: Boggon, Beardsley, Coulthard, Thomas, Tate, Smart, Stark, Ridley, Hudson, Hardy, Lloyd, Curry, Fairclough, Thompson, Allen, Simon, Jones, Hunter.
Areas: Durham, Northumberland, Staffs, Shropshire, Lancashire, Scotland,Wales, Ireland

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 12 September 08 20:26 BST (UK) »
Here's the link to the Flintshire board, Shadows:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/board,183.0.html

Regards

Gadget  :)
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***