Author Topic: Help with Price family Poulton cum seacomb/Bebington  (Read 8545 times)

Offline cnerys

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Help with Price family Poulton cum seacomb/Bebington
« on: Tuesday 04 April 06 13:56 BST (UK) »
Hi all,
I have recently started researching my family and was surprised to note that my ggrandfather and family of 2 children moved to Liverpool probably 1896ish, they originate from North Wales, but they do move back at some point. We assume he moved to find work, but what sort of work was available in Pulton at that time? He also puzzled us as he aged himself about 7 years younger than what he was on the 1901 census! His name : Evan Price, wife Sarah Ann, Children, Hannah Elizabeth, Evan Lloyd and Blodwen Price, born in poulton 1896.
I have also discovered that his brother John Price, born 1854 Llangwm North Wales is also listed on the England 1901 census, living in Bebington, any informaton on this little place will be received with interest.
Many thanks ;D
Nerys
Morris - Gwytherin/Llangernyw/Pandy Tudur
Blore - Efenechtyd/Clocaenog
Bloor - Cwm/Newmarket Wales
Price - Llangwm, Poulton cum Seacomb/Bebington
Roberts - Llanelidan - 'Pantrwth' Eyarth, Liverpool, Sheffield, Llanrwst
Roberts - Brookhouse Denbigh, Bontuchel
Williams - Abergele
Hughes - Llanfairtalhaiarn
Jones - Llangynhafal

Offline celia

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Price family Poulton cum seacomb/Bebington
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 05 April 06 15:32 BST (UK) »
Hello Nerys
Welcome to RootsChat,lets see if we can get you started with some help.I am a bit confused about your meaning of liverpool and Poulton.Do you mean your G.Grandfather moved to liverpool (Lancashire) first.Then moved over to  Poulton cum-seacombe in Cheshire.Which is on the other side of the River Mersey.Opposite liverpool,Do you have the address of the brother living in Bebington in 1901,been trying to find a website for Bebington that might give you a bit of history.Haven't found anything as yet that might be of any interest.

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

M.I.Merchant Marina's Rake Lane

FLORENCE JONES MARRIED JOHN GIBBON HIGNETT IN 1885

Offline Pughy

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 05 April 06 17:23 BST (UK) »
HI Celia/Nerys
There was a Poulton cum Spital Bebington and a Poulton cum Seacombe
With the brother living in Bebington.
Maybe he was living in Poulton cum Spital.
Hope I am not confusing things.
                       Pughy

Offline cnerys

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 05 April 06 17:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Celia/Pughy
 ;D I have just looked on the 1901 census England. John Price was living at 9 Sea View, Lower Bebington with wife Elizabeth and daughter Alice.
His brother - my ggrandfather was living at 74 Gladstone Road, Poulton cum Seacomb. with family.
I apologise as I had no idea really where poulton cum Seacomb was and got confused with Liverpool as that's where Evan's daughter Blodwen was born. so just assumed it was the same area (I am Welsh after all!!).
Anyway, any information is fascinating to me. when I started this compulsive searching, I had only 2 names to go on, Evan Price and Sarah Ann nee Roberts, my ggrandparents. My mam didn't know much more. When the last reli died, my mam can recall someone from Bebington attending the funeral, but didnt pay much attention at the time, so we probably have loads of relatives still living there.
Many thanks for your time and help ;D
Nerys
Williams - Abergele
Jones - Llangynhafal

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 07 May 06 07:53 BST (UK) »
hi cnerys....i have a few ancestors born in poulton cum spittal which is now called bebington....i have been informed of a web site called  ancestral-villages.co.uk  i have posted my ancestors on my relevant villages to my tree...and had some response from other people who actually live in these villages....its a free web site,so just register,and post a message..you never know,you may get some response....good luck and happy hunting...regards...allan
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline Pughy

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 07 May 06 12:07 BST (UK) »
HI Celia/Nerys
I thought I would just let you know you might already be aware but Spital & Poulton exist today as separate places.
                            Pughy

Offline CarolBurns

• I am no longer accepting new replies to my topics
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm still looking !
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 23 June 06 23:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Nerys

Do you have the parents of your G Grandad Evan?

I have Price from Liverpool as well but mine is JOhn Price born Liverpool 1821.

Carol
Thomas, Williams,Owen (s),Griffith (s), Jones - Anglesey<br />Burns, Wallace - Northumberland, Ireland, Scotland<br />Horsburgh, Sandilands, Blackhall, Rankine, Rankin, Hilson, Nielson - Scotland <br />Turnbull, Mills, Burgoyne, Burgon - Northumberland, <br />Davidson - Scotland, India, Burma<br /> Lopez - India, Burma<br/>

Offline ladyholme

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 01 February 08 16:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Just thought I'd put my spoke in....even if I've only just got around to re-reading some of the old posts!!!! I live in Bebington and if you want any info about it I would be willing to help if I can. I'd hate to have to draw a border between Poulton and Spital by the way!!!  :-\ Ladyholme

Offline cnerys

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 03 February 08 23:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ladyholme,
Many thanks for taking the time to re-read and to reply. I would love to find out more about the Bebbington connection to my Price family, but have very little to go on really. I will have to get in touch with my mam to see if I can get some of her little grey cells moving again. She knows that we did have relations there until at least 1995 when her uncle died aged 95, but she can't remember their surnames. The only positive thing I know is what's on the census in 1901 where John Price is living with his wife Elizabeth and daughter Alice. Another puzzle with this Price family was my grandfather had a half sister that we knew nothing of until recently. She was born in Ruthin as Hannah Elizabeth Price, she's on the 1901 census with her parents and brother living in Poulton cum Seacomb and I actually traced her marriage in 1913 to a William Stanley who came from St. helens. But nothing was ever heard of Elizabeth, so who did she stay with in the Poulton cum Seacomb area when her parents came back to live in Wales in 1906 or a few years earlier? Who knows? Any help would be great.
I still don't really get the different Poultons!!! John Price was a witness to my ggrandparent's wedding in 1896 in Birkenhead . Evan Price was living in Perry Street Seacomb and Sarah Ann (or Annie as she's shown up on the marriage cert.) was living in Palatine Road Seacomb.
Thanks for any help. Are there any web sites for Bebbington regarding Cemeteries etc?
Kind Regards
Nerys  ;D
Williams - Abergele
Jones - Llangynhafal