Author Topic: Milliner Family - Pentre  (Read 2575 times)

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gwell Angau na Chywilydd - Mametz Wood 1916
    • View Profile
Milliner Family - Pentre
« on: Wednesday 05 April 06 19:51 BST (UK) »
I'm trying to find the date and place of birth of George and Phyllis Milliner.   They were most likely born between 1907 and 1912 in Pentre.   Also Gertrude Milliner probably born between 1918 and 1921.   Their parents were Robert Milliner and Alice Emily Milliner, nee Robinson.
Any Help greatly appreciated.
Cheers Dave
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   Research:   Clements, Jenkins, Jones, Williams, Davies, Renfrey in Cardiganshire.   Trow, Jones, Clayton in Montgomeryshire.  Renfrey, Datsun, May, Stephens in Cornwall.   Foster in Liverpoo.l   Milliner, Fry, in Gloucestershire.  Mawby, Popple in Rutland.   Kent, Fry, Robinson, Nott, Griffiths in Somerset.   Willis in Oxfordshire.   Fishlock, Snell, Fry, in Wiltshire

Offline alcrighton

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Milliner Family - Pentre
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 05 April 06 20:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Dave,

Have you tried www.familyrelatives.org ?

They have a searchable database for births, marriages & deaths which covers 1866 to 1920.  It's pay per view but not too expensive.  The birth indexes after the September quarter of 1911 have the mother's maiden name so this should help you to narrow down your search for the record for Gertrude at least.

Regards,

Al
Crighton, Dundee & London<br />Woodgates, Bath, Devon & London<br />Curtis, Nottinghamshire & Islington<br />Maker, Cornwall & London<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Cas (stallc)

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 06 April 06 09:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Dave,

Hope your well...as many thanks for all your help in the past I did a little research on your behalf hope it helps.

I have searched the beta index, and this is what births I found, it is not complete as there are some pages missing.  All maiden name 'Robinson'

http://www.ancestry.co.uk/search/rectype/vital/freebmd/bmd.aspx

Milliner Lilian J, Pontypridd Dec Q 1912 11a 1445
Milliner Ronald E, Pontypridd Jun Q 1915 11a 1525
Milliner Mervyn L,  Pontypridd Mar Q 1919 11a 1032

Some of this ties in with burial info.

Could not locate Gertrude  :-\  searched through until 1928, could have missed her, name misspelt or page missing   ???.

Freebmd has births in some areas up to 1912ish if the others were registered from Pentre, it would come under Pontypridd reg district. 

I searched both Glamorgan, then just Pontypridd.  I then did a search for Britain after 1900, also ticked the phonetic box .  There are a few possibles for George under 'Milner'

Also found a good possible - Births Dec Q 1911 Milner  Phyllis  'mmn Robinson'  Barnsley  9c 544. 

There is also a George in the same area 1907.  Check freebmd see what you think.

You could try Treorchy library for electrol info to see how long this family were in Albert St, I know they have just started to digitize, they have from 1918/1919 onwards. I have traced up to the 50's this way.

You could gain alternative address data from the internment info I posted a while ago.

This is also a link to St Peters Church, you could try contacting them to see if they still have BMD records.

Info would also possibly be in Glamorgan Records Office

http://www.192.com/directory.cfm/MID_GLAMORGAN/CHURCH/XFB8EB2CBE9B248EBAA1A183812CF0334

Cas :)
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Squire/Thomas/Davies/Gibbons/Mordecai/Bowen/Lewis/Rees/Williams/Jones/Llewellyn/Morgan - Glamorgan
Lewis - Breckonshire
Davies/Roderick - Myddfai Carms
Lloyd/Jones - Denbigh/Salop
Thackwell/Thomas - Hereford/Monmouthshire
Shoemac/Squire/Keirle/Small - Somerset
Berry/Baggot/Lee/Clayton - Lancs
Yelland/Bray/Trethewey - Cornwall
Baggot/Hurley/Keaveny/Shiel/Flynn - Ireland

Offline ems girl

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 06 April 06 10:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Dave,
Like Cas, I've gone through each qtr 1905-1925, only found the same.
There was a George Thomas Milliner born 1st qtr,1905  but in Coventry.
Morgan=Aberdare/Hirwaun
Thomas=Brecon/hirwaun
Havard=Brecon/Hirwaun
Beynon=Hirwaun
Perkins=llanboidy
Checkett=Lancaster
choake=plymouth/Lancaster
Birkett=Lancaster
Hughes=Corwen

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 06 April 06 17:10 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Al thanks for the link I'll look into it.
Cas, nice to hear fom you, hope you're well too.   
I'm trying to establish the siblings of Mervyn Lionel Milliner and retrace the family's steps after the parents, Robert and Alice left north Somerset.   I assumed that they went straight from Somerset to South Wales - they may not have!
I know they pitched up in Albert Street but I have no record of the births of Phyllis and George.
Later Alice died and Robert remarried and went to live in Queen Street.
Your librarian supplied a lot of information on the family burials and even Robert's obituary from the local paper, where the sons and daughters were mentioned, together with a host of relatives I'd never heard of  ???
I'll try your suggestions and look at the Burnley references.
Cheers Dave
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   Research:   Clements, Jenkins, Jones, Williams, Davies, Renfrey in Cardiganshire.   Trow, Jones, Clayton in Montgomeryshire.  Renfrey, Datsun, May, Stephens in Cornwall.   Foster in Liverpoo.l   Milliner, Fry, in Gloucestershire.  Mawby, Popple in Rutland.   Kent, Fry, Robinson, Nott, Griffiths in Somerset.   Willis in Oxfordshire.   Fishlock, Snell, Fry, in Wiltshire

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 06 April 06 17:52 BST (UK) »
Thanks ems girl, it looks as if the family did not go straight to Pentre.   Needs a re-think.
Cheers Dave

Offline Cas (stallc)

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 06 April 06 18:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Dave forgot to post but there is also info on the link

http://www.parishregisteruklook-upexchange.co.uk/index.htm

Scroll to Glamorgan and then Ystradyfodwg. (Pentre came under this parish in the old days it is now Rhondda) 

Bit hit and miss but there maybe some BMD to be had there?

Worth a go.

Cas  ;)

Squire/Thomas/Davies/Gibbons/Mordecai/Bowen/Lewis/Rees/Williams/Jones/Llewellyn/Morgan - Glamorgan
Lewis - Breckonshire

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 06 April 06 19:31 BST (UK) »
I've had a look at the Parish Register Exchange and sent a request off to the appropriate address.   How do you come up with all these links Cas?   I also had a look at FreeBMD and it seems to be a huge coincidence in Burnley, especially the MMN of Robinson.   I can't believe they strayed so far from Gloucester/Somerset  :) Many thanks for your help.
Iechyd da, Dave

Offline Cas (stallc)

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 06 April 06 19:52 BST (UK) »
aahhhh Dave that would be telling! lol  ::)

*imitates sniffer dog*

No seriously, have worked in education for a number of years so am trained to gather info as I go along that may benefit me or others...

Have been off for a while go back after Easter so will not be on the boards as much.

Hope your lucky!   :)

Cas 

Lewis - Breckonshire