Author Topic: Smith, hard to find???  (Read 837 times)

Offline mintola1964

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Smith, hard to find???
« on: Thursday 06 April 06 14:07 BST (UK) »
 ::)
  we had my hubby's dad's birth certificate today and it shows his grandfather as Edden Smith, great, that's an unusual name, should be easy to look up, but NO, it's not!! I think I've found his birth in 1891 and I know I've found his marriage to Ethel North in 1911, but I can't find him on the 1901 census at all, I've tried various spellings of the name. It looks like he was born in Stratford upon Avon but he married in Nuneaton, I really thought with this name it would make it easier, but we'll just have to save up and order more certificates I suppose!! Just wanted to sound off a bit.......(my ancestry finished yesterday and the certificate came today lol)
My email is not working sorry
Illsley, Lloyd, Blackford, Bowles, Lear, Wain, Moss Foleshill, Dudley, Nuneaton, Stratford,

Offline Nicky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Smith, hard to find???
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 06 April 06 14:13 BST (UK) »
Hi

Who were his mother and father, post details known, including occupation and I will have a look through for you.

Nicky
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />Sewell - Surrey<br />Lynch - Ireland, Devon and Channel Islands<br />Whall and Pye - Norwich, Essex and Kent<br />Cotterill - Warwickshire<br />Adams - North and East Riding of Yorkshire<br />Preest, Dufty Lewis, Aston - Forest of Dean

Offline mintola1964

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Smith, hard to find???
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 06 April 06 14:21 BST (UK) »
Hi, thanks for the offer, but at the moment I have no idea, we only just had the birth certificate of Reginald William John, born 1919, which gave us his parents names, but we will need to order Edden's birth and marriage certificates to get the other names, thanks a lot though
My email is not working sorry
Illsley, Lloyd, Blackford, Bowles, Lear, Wain, Moss Foleshill, Dudley, Nuneaton, Stratford,