Author Topic: South Kyme-Pinchbeck- Blankney  (Read 3243 times)

Offline Faysie

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: South Kyme-Pinchbeck- Blankney
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 15 April 06 01:14 BST (UK) »
PS Miss Prim.

John Sharp Bapt Jan 1806 was born   1801
Joseph Sharp                              "       1804
Thomas Sharp                            "        1805
then

Martha Sharp ( Edwards sister) was Baptised 29 June, 1808.

Do hope you can help me.
Have a wonderful Easter.

Faysie in Oz.
Sach/Saich- Essex.
Kent & North Family - Hampshire.
Burke- Co Galway Ireland
Sharp/e- Sth Kyme-Pinchbeck & Blankney, Spalding- Lincolnshire, also Dorrington , Holland fen & Leicestershire.
Peck, Welbourn & Leadenha Lincolnshire
Plowright - Pinchbeck. Lincolnshire
Higman & Seldon Family- Stoke Damerol. Devon.
Freebody -Middlesex-London
Gravel- Prestwich. Manch-Lancashire
Fraser/Frazer- Salford  Manch Lancashire &  Staffordshire
Berry- Bollington. Cheshire
Micklethwaite -Stalybridge & Tintwhistl

Offline Missprim

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 15 April 06 07:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Fayse

A very quick reply as I'm off out today.  Found your John SHARP and Mary PECK in the indexes.  They were married at Leadenham (stamping ground of my NORTH family) have photos of the village but no time to scan them right now so will try to send them tonight or tomorrow. 

Will add your little list to my 'to dos'  for my next rip to Lincoln later this week or early next.  Hove to book a microfiche reader so it depends on availability.

Be in touch again,

missprim

Offline Faysie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 15 April 06 23:54 BST (UK) »

Hello Miss Prim :) " Happy Easter to you and yours....

Thank you so very much for your reply.. I was beginning to question everything I had done in my notes on John Sharp and Mary Peck.. are you able to tell me about their children as well... I would love to know what happened to them as well as my " Edward".

I also have a " North" connection in my Maternal Family Tree".. they came from Hampshire... but I have done little research on them at present... seems the " North and Sharp" surname are quite common and therefore very "tricky" indeed. as mentioned almost got caught a couple of times. and am now hoping that John & Mary Peck are indeed my " Edward's" parents... Also if it is not asking too much.. can you also tell me from the Marriage records. who were the parents names listed on John & Mary's Marriage Certificate...  I thought a good possible was a family from Aswarby( saw it on the IGI )...

If you care to reply privately... email me using " Miss Prim In subject".

lekahfay@bigpond.net.au

Are you far from the records office in Lincs????

Till later.... "Thank You" again.

Faysie. in Oz.
Sach/Saich- Essex.
Burke- Co Galway Ireland
Sharp/e- Sth Kyme-Pinchbeck & Blankney, Spalding- Lincolnshire, also Dorrington , Holland fen & Leicestershire.

Offline Geoff E

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 16 April 06 09:49 BST (UK) »
Also if it is not asking too much.. can you also tell me from the Marriage records. who were the parents names listed on John & Mary's Marriage Certificate... 

Father's names did not appear on marriage certificates until 1837 (unless they happened to be witnesses but then it would be only a name, not a relationship).

It's unwise to leave your email address "lying around" in a public forum - unless you want to attract spam - if you want to send a message to someone, just click on their forum name.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Missprim

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 16 April 06 10:39 BST (UK) »
Hi again,

Yes I agree with Geoff E. you really should not have put your e-mail address on the web site for everyone to see.  In future if you feel you need to send it to anyone use a Personal Message (usually referred as a PM) . To do that you click on the little green scroll on the left of the screen and a new window will appear very similar to the reply window.  The message will then be seen just by the person it is intended for but not by 'the world and his wife' as it is if you post it to the web site.  Sorry to sound so pedantic I don't mean to lecture. 

Marriage certificates which show the father's name only came into being from July 1837, so for the period we are talking about (i.e. late 18th century) there are only the marriage registers.  These usually just give you the name and parish of the two people getting married and the signatures of two witnesses.  If you are lucky the parson might have added their marital status and maybe the occupation of the groom.  If the marriage was by license and one or both parities under age then the father will be named as giving consent; but this is rare particularly amongst the ordinary working folk because they couldn't afford the license.

I've found a picture of Leadenham church which I will send to your e-mail address.  Aswarby sounds very possible for your next generation back it is not far from South Kyme.

Offline Faysie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 03 May 06 12:33 BST (UK) »
:)
G'day from Oz. 'Tis me again' needing some help.!!! ;D

My Grandfather Edward Sharp ( Bapt) 04 November 1828 @ Blankney. Lincs. left England and came to Oz.. *( certainly did not swim ??? ). I have spent countless hours searching the NSW State Records on the internet Trying to locate his arrival here... I figure it could possibly be between 1851 and 1859--as Edward married in 1861 @ Warialda. NSW to Emma J. Savage..- There were a couple of Possibles. I sent away for one Ship's list  Vessel was ' David MacIvor" arriving March 1856. same name, age seemed perfect. Then I find that this Edward Sharp came from Leicestershire. Fathers name Edward ( same as mine) but Mothers name Mary.. My Edward's parents were Edward and Susannah Sharp ( nee Plowright). So I am back to square one again....

My question is... what would be the closest Port of Departure...in Lincolnshire??. this may sound silly, but living in Oz. I do not know the shipping points of departure in England....

I looked at the UK 1851 Census and could not find my Edward ( the son) there at all... but did find Edward ( The father and Susannah) and his sister Mary Ann..

I would appreciate any information or guidance... Thanks very Much... look forward to hearing something...

Faysie in Oz...

Sach/Saich- Essex.
Burke- Co Galway Ireland

Offline Missprim

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 03 May 06 15:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Faysie,

Me again!!  There is no really near point of departure to Lincolnshire for the big ships that would undertake long voyages.  He might have gone across country to Liverpool or down to London. Portsmouth and Bristol are both further away.

A lot will depend on where he actually was living at the time he left England.  Pity you haven't been able to locate him on the 1851 census

Offline Faysie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 03 May 06 23:16 BST (UK) »
Hello MissPrim.!!

Thanks for your message,, at least I have a couple of Departure points to look at... will keep searching. just another obstable and a challenge. At least I am learning more about him in Oz... a rather intriguing man, but feel there could be a rift in the family somewhere, or something happened... as I have just discovered last night that Edward's brother Jonathan Plowright Sharp came out here as well.. Jonathan's daughter Emily Rowena was a Witness at Edward's second Marriage and then had 3 more sons...aged 54 years...

Cheers for now
Faysie.
Sach/Saich- Essex.
Burke- Co Galway Ireland