Author Topic: All Cracked Up!A Real Challenge!  (Read 4704 times)

Offline ndpaton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: All Cracked Up!A Real Challenge!
« Reply #18 on: Monday 19 June 06 22:29 BST (UK) »
Very good. Perhaps the eyes need more rounding but elswhere is great. David would have been pleased . I hope his daughter is watching the "unfolding" of her father.Thank you so much Dell

Offline ymfoster

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 20 June 06 05:19 BST (UK) »
You're welcome Dell,  :)
glad to help,

Yvonne
Restorers may use my restores to colour, acknowledgement appreciated.

Mostly England - <br />Walne Nfk - Argent Barritt Hammond Sfk - Asprey Comber Cribb Gundrey Higgs Plaw Sewell Sumption Sry - Baldwin Bull Nth -  Brumfield Dufty London Wor -  Calverley Greenhalgh Lan - Dodson Stainsby NRY - Denison WRY - Whittle Yks - Dormer Mdx - Felmingham Eng - Grecian Nbl -  Hayse Mass US - Jenner Ounstead Weeding Ssx - McDonald Skye - Campbell McIndoe McMillan Inv - Window Gls

Offline ndpaton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 20 June 06 07:34 BST (UK) »
Pixie. For some unknown reason. I cannot reply to AndrewQ who asked permission to use David's photo in a"whatever he does with Photo studio workshop". I have been given the permission by the owner of the photo and endeavoured to pass this on i n 8 attempts to no avail. I tried the troubleshooter too to no avail.Can you help Regards Dell

Offline -

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 20 June 06 11:25 BST (UK) »
Pixie. For some unknown reason. I cannot reply to AndrewQ who asked permission to use David's photo in a"whatever he does with Photo studio workshop". I have been given the permission by the owner of the photo and endeavoured to pass this on i n 8 attempts to no avail. I tried the troubleshooter too to no avail.Can you help Regards Dell

Um... sorry, what is it your asking me? to tell AndrewQ that, yes, he can use the photo of David?

~ Pixie

P.S. what's the troubleshooter?

Offline ndpaton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 20 June 06 22:19 BST (UK) »
Dear Pixie, If you read backwards on David you will find that an "Andrew Q" asked permission to use David's photo as he was becoming  au fait with Photo studio and wished to enhance it and use the before and after photos. That's all I know. Permission was granted by David's grand daughter who supplied the photo but I could not send a reply to 'Andrew Q" even though he has sent a message three times so I am at a loss-his get through to me but anything I endeavour to post is messaged "either PM too large ( I sent 3 words once) or can't find AndrewQ. I don't kow what to do and thought that your expertise may help or he may see this reply Sorry to be a nuisance. Thank you for your kindness. Regards Dell

Offline -

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 20 June 06 22:49 BST (UK) »
Hmm... I don't know what the problem could be... sorry...

I'll see if I can pass your message along to him if you'd like though?

~ Pixie

Offline andrewq

• RootsChat Extra
  • "Only the soul that loves is happy" - Goethe
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 07 September 06 08:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Again,

Just in case anyone is trying to get in touch with me, I have received Dell's message and thank you for trying or for any help you may have offered. 

I also wanted to take the opportunity to thank Scrattletrap, Polldoll, Tomkin, Pixie, Yvonne and many others for their contribution and ongoing support. They have been very inspirational and generous and it is this that makes rootschat such a friendly and warm community.

Here's sharing my attempt.

best wishes
Andrew
Visit my website to see other works.
AQ Photo Restoration

Offline ymfoster

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 07 September 06 10:10 BST (UK) »
Nice work Andrew,  :)
yes they're a nice bunch here, & thanks for the acknowledgement,  ..... looks like you're doing well with your programme  :)
Restorers may use my restores to colour, acknowledgement appreciated.

Mostly England - <br />Walne Nfk - Argent Barritt Hammond Sfk - Asprey Comber Cribb Gundrey Higgs Plaw Sewell Sumption Sry - Baldwin Bull Nth -  Brumfield Dufty London Wor -  Calverley Greenhalgh Lan - Dodson Stainsby NRY - Denison WRY - Whittle Yks - Dormer Mdx - Felmingham Eng - Grecian Nbl -  Hayse Mass US - Jenner Ounstead Weeding Ssx - McDonald Skye - Campbell McIndoe McMillan Inv - Window Gls

Offline ndpaton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 07 September 06 11:32 BST (UK) »
Nice work Andrew,  :)
yes they're a nice bunch here, & thanks for the acknowledgement,  ..... looks like you're doing well with your programme  :)
Many thanks, Andrew, You have certainly captured the innocence and youthfulness of the seventeen year old David about to embark on the danger and adventure of a lifetime-WW1. Thank you so much and to all who tried so hard to do justice to David. My humble thanks. Norma Dell What I am adding now is another real challenge