Author Topic: Wanted Old Photos from the Highlands Of Scotland  (Read 4293 times)

Offline ShirleyMunro

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Wanted Old Photos from the Highlands Of Scotland
« on: Saturday 08 April 06 23:02 BST (UK) »
I hate to here of old photo's/ postcards going in the bin, but can't rehome all of them.  :(
However if anyone has photos from the Highlands of Scotland, needing a new home, please let me know.
Anywhere around Inverness and north I will consider. Ross-shire, Sutherland and Caithness, are my main focus, be it places, events or people. :)
Thanks Shirley
I am the ROC county co-ordinator for FreeReg, and always on the look out for more volunteers.
I am interested in the names of MUNRO, ROSS, and GRAHAM for Kincardine ROC MCDONALD, REID, Blachree, Marr from various other parishes (easter logie, kilmuir easter)in ROC Fraser from Inverness-shire Melvin, McBain, Gordon and Brebner from Aberdeenshire Calder, Mcgregor, Taylor, Clark, Miller, Walter, from Caithness
England-
Ball, Atkins from Bucks(Amersham, Wycombe, Stokenchurch)

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted Old Photos from the Highlands Of Scotland
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 08 April 06 23:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Shirley

Good to hear of photos etc going to a good home!

If you get more than you can handle, maybe these folk can help you out?

http://www.tainmuseum.org.uk/

I have no vested interest, but it is a wonderful site!  :)

kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline ShirleyMunro

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted Old Photos from the Highlands Of Scotland
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 08 April 06 23:39 BST (UK) »
Thanks for reminding me.....
I forgot to say I intended to put anything of local interest on the Tain Museum website, with the aim to rehome any personal family photos. My own interest is with places and events.
I would also love to here from anyone who wants to pass on an old story about the area. Fact or Fiction.
I have had many a tale passed down to me mainly about the little people and the likes. All from the ross-shire area. I am not writing a book and am not looking to profit from the tales, I just want to document what I can before the stories are lost forever. :)
I am the ROC county co-ordinator for FreeReg, and always on the look out for more volunteers.
I am interested in the names of MUNRO, ROSS, and GRAHAM for Kincardine ROC MCDONALD, REID, Blachree, Marr from various other parishes (easter logie, kilmuir easter)in ROC Fraser from Inverness-shire Melvin, McBain, Gordon and Brebner from Aberdeenshire Calder, Mcgregor, Taylor, Clark, Miller, Walter, from Caithness
England-
Ball, Atkins from Bucks(Amersham, Wycombe, Stokenchurch)