Author Topic: Kennedy, Brennan  (Read 4885 times)

Offline margrace

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Kennedy, Brennan
« on: Sunday 09 April 06 14:00 BST (UK) »
Hi I am looking for information on my Grandparents families.

My G Grandmother's maiden name was Catherine Brennan and she was RC. My g grandfather's name was George Kennedy and he was protestant.

I was told various stories and now it is too late to verify them. One strory said that my G G Great grandfather worked on the Estate of Sir Thomas Roxton in or around Ardee. Another story says that my G G Grandfather owned a pub but I believe it may have been in Dublin.

They left Ireland when my  Grandmother was a little girl and went to Paisley in Scotland. She was born in 1883 and was christened in the Catholic Church. Her name was Mary Bridget Kennedy.

Would anyone have any advice about finding more on these people.

Thank you
Margaret Ross

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: Kennedy, Brennan
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 21 June 06 11:58 BST (UK) »
Hello margrace,

Do you have any dates please ???

I have a George Kennedy who married a Catherine De Banke in Belfast in 1848. I do not know if they had children nor do I know the date Catherine died. Catherine's brother in law, Thomas Green Phillips who married her sister Ann in 1847, at one time owned a hotel in Belfast.

I am trying to learn more about George. All I know is the year he married Catherine.

All the Best, Christopher.

Offline margrace

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Kennedy, Brennan
« Reply #2 on: Monday 03 July 06 12:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Christopher, sorry not to get back to you sooner but I have been out west. I live in Ontario and my kids are in British Columbia. Interestingly I am half way between Ireland and BC.

No I cannot connect with any of your information. The more I delve into the Brennan, Kennedy families the more questions I find. My Catherine Brennan was born about 1865 somewhere in Ardee, Ireland. She was definetly Roman Catholic and  her husband was Protestant. He was disowned by his family. Typical of those times I guess.

The went to Scotland, Paisley after 1882. Even the stories my sisters have do not match with any info I can find.