Author Topic: Everyone is suddenly into Family History  (Read 4282 times)

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone is suddenly into Family History
« Reply #27 on: Monday 08 May 06 11:02 BST (UK) »
There's a new series of Who do you think you are being made as well!!!

Kerry  ;)
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 08 May 06 11:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Marie and Friends,
I did lobby the said Oz Nat Broadcaster for "Who Do You Think You Are" as I am sure you did Marie.  All to no avail. It would be wonderful to see.  One feels so antipodian.
The only good thing about being slightly behind the craze is I guess the waiting times on local certs and other info. is not too bad, though I do think I am beginning notice some delays & break-downs on the favorite local sites which were'nt there before. Anyone else?
We have traveled in a generation from concealing in shame our convict ancestors to now bragging if we can find one.  Times have changed.  It really doesn't matter if the marriage came after the baby any more.  I'm with you Chris and I say "Open All The Windows!!" Let it OUT.
Sue

Offline CarolBurns

• I am no longer accepting new replies to my topics
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm still looking !
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 08 May 06 17:36 BST (UK) »
Marie

The GRO site message has gone from delays to Easter then to May, what now?

I'm sure as the weather eventually warmed up and people get out and about more it will eventually get quieter and allow us to get our certs a bit quicker.

Kerry

I'm still going to keep sending off to the local records offices of the areas I need as they seemt o be so much quicker. Even though they have to do searches to find the people I want (they don't use the codes in the registers and have their own) I can still get my certs back well before the week is up

Carol
Thomas, Williams,Owen (s),Griffith (s), Jones - Anglesey<br />Burns, Wallace - Northumberland, Ireland, Scotland<br />Horsburgh, Sandilands, Blackhall, Rankine, Rankin, Hilson, Nielson - Scotland <br />Turnbull, Mills, Burgoyne, Burgon - Northumberland, <br />Davidson - Scotland, India, Burma<br /> Lopez - India, Burma<br/>

Offline MarieC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • In Queensland, Oz
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 09 May 06 08:28 BST (UK) »
Carol and friends,

Using local records offices is all very well for those of you in the UK.  For those of us on the other side of the world, the easiest way is to order online from the GRO - and then wait, and wait, and wait!!  :( :( :'(

MarieC
Census information is Crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Martins in London and Wales, Lockwoods in Yorkshire, Hartleys in London, Lichfield and Brighton, Hubands and Smiths in Ireland, Bentleys in London and Yorkshire, Denhams in Somerset, Scoles in London, Meyers in London, Cooks in Northumberland

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 09 May 06 09:51 BST (UK) »
I still will not use my local record office, they are more expensive than the GRO. 

Marie you have my sympathy, but at least you have something to look forward to. ;D

Kerry

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....