Author Topic: if born in Spain, where registered?  (Read 817 times)

Offline mintola1964

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
if born in Spain, where registered?
« on: Monday 10 April 06 10:13 BST (UK) »
Hi, I have a Sarah and Robert Illsley in several censuses, it says she was born approx 1814 in Spain but that she was a British subject. I've just searched Family Search and found, possibly, her christening, We think she was Sarah Woodhatch, it shows that she was born in 1814, but her christening isn't until 1820, so could this be her? It seems rather late for a christening and I just wondered if she had just come back from Spain and they christened her! The christening was in Sutton Coldfield, Warks.
My email is not working sorry
Illsley, Lloyd, Blackford, Bowles, Lear, Wain, Moss Foleshill, Dudley, Nuneaton, Stratford,

Offline XPhile2868

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: if born in Spain, where registered?
« Reply #1 on: Monday 10 April 06 11:40 BST (UK) »
Spain is a Catholic country and they probably wouldn't have had any Protestant churches then, so maybe she didn't get christened until they returned to England.
Smith (Lancashire), McKenna (Ireland/Liverpool/Leyland), Maynard (Hertfordshire/London/Preston), Ricketts (Gloucestershire/Wigan/Preston), Scowcroft (Preston), Harling (N. Yorkshire/Lancashire), Willis (Preston), Clegg (Manchester/Preston), Dodd (Wigan/Cheshire), Alston (Lancashire), Hulks (Hertfordshire), Nicholson (Lancashire/Cumbria), Russell (Lancashire), Wilson (Cumbria), Bracewell (Lancashire), Moxham (Lancashire0

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk