Author Topic: Is anyone missing an Armitage?  (Read 2838 times)

Offline Nimrod58

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Is anyone missing an Armitage?
« on: Tuesday 11 April 06 16:27 BST (UK) »
Hi

I found my ancestor John Armitage (Jnr), who was born in Warrington in around 1817/1818 with the help of Rootschat some while ago.

Since then, I have tried without success to trace the family back further and would appreciate any help with finding the birth/marriage records for a John Armitage/Armytage and his wife Margaret, both of whom would have been born around 1795 or so.

John Armitage (Jnr) married Ellen Heyes (or Hayes) on 29 September 1839 in Warrington and his marriage certificate shows his father was a Sexton also named John Armitage.

Birth record checks show a John Armytage was born on 03 October 1817 in Warrington to a John and Margaret Armytage of Bridge Street, Warrington.

Death records for St Pauls Warrington show that a John Armitage of Mersey Street, Warrington died on 18 November 1837 and a Margaret (Peggy) Armitage also of Mersey Street died on 13 July 1838.

However, I can find no record of the birth of John senior or his marriage to Margaret  It may be that they were born/married outside of Warrington or Lancashire so I would be grateful for any help.
Armitage, Gleave, Higham, Hayes, Halliwell ( Lancs)
Barker (Nottingham & Leicester)
Bateman (Wiltshire & Somerset)
Burgoyne (Devon & Gloucester/Bristol)
Gove, Godbeer (Devon)
Hill (Bristol)
McGuinness (Belfast/Fermanagh/Monaghan/Clones)
Voce (Liverpool )
Wood (Warrington; Liverpool; Chester)
Woodman (Wiltshire & London)

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk