Author Topic: My Norfolk family names  (Read 3358 times)

Offline Anjo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
My Norfolk family names
« on: Tuesday 12 October 04 20:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Just thought I would post out my family names of interest in Norfolk
All Meltons born in Docking, Norfolk and All Jennings born in Docking, Norfolk all belong to my tree. I have yet to find one that isn't??!!
I also have Willimotts sometime spelt different ways (Willamont/Williment/Wilmot) they were born in East Rudham, Norfolk and Helhoughton, Norfolk. The family links to Wales family Born in Hunstanton in 1780's and to the Lake family of Docking, Chesney family Gatesend, and loads of different families in and around Docking, Norfolk. Anjo

Offline cfc

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: My Norfolk family names
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 29 November 05 18:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Anjo,
Charlotte Melton married Henry Bevis Fysh, king's Lynn/ Wisbech 1898. any record of these in your tree please?
CFC :)
Fysh/Fish,Hitchcock,Drayton,Watson,Stacey,Leggett, Woods,Johnson

Offline Anjo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 29 November 05 18:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi cfc,

I don't know of any of my lot venturing to Kings lynn but I do have a few Charlottes on my tree.  What sort of time frame are we looking at.
At a glance I  wouldn't think she's one of mine as mine all tended to marry in Docking but hey who knows. She might have run away from home. Do you have a birth year and marriage year then I could say for definate if she's one of mine.

Thanks for the interest and for getting in touch.

Angela.

Offline cfc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 29 November 05 19:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi Angela,
yes sorry! I have just added to my original reply They were married (BMD) Dec 1898 in Wisbech although Henry Bevis Fysh was born here in KL. They had 5 children, Charlotte,Winifred Rose, Leslie,Horace and Mather Elaine. Any help?
CFC :)

Offline Anjo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 29 November 05 20:03 GMT (UK) »
No sorry,

I have searched through my lot and can't seem to see any link whatsoever. If you ever get her father or grandfather being from Docking then there might be a chance. Melton is quite a common name though in Norfolk. Thanks for sending me the info and its just a pity we couldn't link up.

all the best of luck with your family. If you want any lookups on census I have the full set for Norfolk. OK.

Angela

Offline cfc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 30 November 05 10:10 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Angela for looking, but don't you just hate it when you believe you have everyone covered then a stray turns up! oh well keep on atroshin gal.
CFC ;)