Author Topic: SLESSOR  (Read 43679 times)

Offline gina1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: SLESSOR
« Reply #45 on: Monday 24 June 13 20:21 BST (UK) »
IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY YOUR GEORGE ESSLEMONT WAS MY GRANDMOTHERS BROTHER.    GINA
George Esselmont's Mother was Christian Slessor and her father was Alexander Slessor  B May 26, 1789 Cruden and his Father was Robert Slessor Stonemason from Cruden married Elizabeth Buchan Dec 3, 1785 Foveran.
                                  THAT IS THE INFO I HAVE MY CONNECTION AS I SAID COMES DIRECTLY FROM MY GRAN AMELIA ESSLEMONT, SISTER OF GEORGE                                                                                                                 

Offline carolyn 222

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Monday 24 June 13 21:34 BST (UK) »
IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY YOUR GEORGE ESSLEMONT WAS MY GRANDMOTHERS BROTHER.    GINA
George Esselmont's Mother was Christian Slessor and her father was Alexander Slessor  B May 26, 1789 Cruden and his Father was Robert Slessor Stonemason from Cruden married Elizabeth Buchan Dec 3, 1785 Foveran.
                                  THAT IS THE INFO I HAVE MY CONNECTION AS I SAID COMES DIRECTLY FROM MY GRAN AMELIA ESSLEMONT, SISTER OF GEORGE                                                                                                               
I see you also list the name Davidson are those also from the Peterhead or Aberdeenshire are?

Offline gina1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday 25 June 13 09:11 BST (UK) »
MY FATHERS SURNAME WAS DAVIDSON ON GOING BACK ON HIS FAMILY HISTORY THEY COME FROM  THE ELLON, PETERHEAD AREAS.        GINA

Offline carolyn 222

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday 25 June 13 10:13 BST (UK) »
MY FATHERS SURNAME WAS DAVIDSON ON GOING BACK ON HIS FAMILY HISTORY THEY COME FROM  THE ELLON, PETERHEAD AREAS.        My Grandmother was Margaret Davidson Rankin daughter of Alexander Davidson B 1852 Buchanhaven & Margaret McPherson.

Offline gina1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday 25 June 13 14:43 BST (UK) »
CAROLYN THIS IS UNCANNY BUT WE SEEM TO HAVE THE SAME ANCESTORS, DO YOU HAVE ANY FURTHER INFO. YOU CAN LET ME HAVE. ?MY  SISTER HAS A LOT OF INFO. ON THEM, I WILL GET SOME FROM HER AND SEE WHERE IT TAKES US.      THANKS  GINA.  P.S. I LIVE IN ABERDEEN, WHERE ARE YOU?

Offline carolyn 222

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday 25 June 13 16:43 BST (UK) »
CAROLYN THIS IS UNCANNY BUT WE SEEM TO HAVE THE SAME ANCESTORS, DO YOU HAVE ANY FURTHER INFO. YOU CAN LET ME HAVE. ?MY  SISTER HAS A LOT OF INFO. ON THEM, I WILL GET SOME FROM HER AND SEE WHERE IT TAKES US.      THANKS  GINA.  P.S. I LIVE IN ABERDEEN, WHERE AR
I am in Pitmedden.
I can go back to George Davidson & Margaret Smart  married Mar 2, 1826 in Peterhead.  Further back is a question ....

Offline Carol Morgan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Thursday 28 August 14 18:22 BST (UK) »
Hi
There is a very famous Slessor lady - Mary Mitchell Slessor who was born  december 2nd 1848 in Gilcomston, Aberdeen.
She was a missionary in Calabar - west coast of Africa.
there is a book you may be able to get from a library called "Mary Slessor of Calabar" (Pioneer Missionary) by W P Livingstone.
she was an extraordinary woman.
I wish I was related to her and had half her faith!
revmother
Hi I believe my grandmother Margaret Slessor born Nov 3,1894-died May 4,1979 is a distance relative of Mary Mitchell Slessor i am trying to fill in the gaps

Offline Carol Morgan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Thursday 28 August 14 19:10 BST (UK) »
 Looking for information on Mary Mitchell Slessor I believe she is a distant relative of my grandmother Margaret Slessor born November 3, 1894 

Offline lakeview

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Thursday 28 August 14 19:14 BST (UK) »

Carolyn:  Do you happen to know the parents of this Elizabeth Buchan?  I have relatives with that surname around that location at that time.

Buchan, Finnie, Hazel, Brebner, Burgin or Bergen, Thurlby, Doherty, Murray, Livingstone, Jennings, Peeling, Hayes