Author Topic: Hornsby/Leominster/Pembridge/Eardisland/Birmingham  (Read 1938 times)

Offline bus4547

• RootsChat Extra
  • Keep Right On
    • View Profile
Hornsby/Leominster/Pembridge/Eardisland/Birmingham
« on: Thursday 13 April 06 14:47 BST (UK) »
Hve compiled tree back to 1725 and willing to share.
John Hornsby b c1807 Leominster m Catherine c1830 poss at Pembridge.  Cath's surname and marriage parish church is eluding me.
any hornsbys out there wanna help?
have tree going fwd into 20th cent.
John and Catherine both died in 1840s at Leominster; produced Edward who raised family at Eardisland (all Hornsbys then were basket makers)before Birmingham's factories called in the 1900s.  Interested also to hear from living offshoots of one son George who raised known family in Birmingham from 1890s. Like most Brummies the Hornsbys started off living back of Broad St., Birmingham, in the bad old courtyard days. Other Hornsbys settled New York c1900... any info on this?
hve just finished book on my five main families and just entering photographs.  any contributions welcome. 
Samuel Rawbone b Wellesbourne 1893 with wife Elsie lived Birmingham, poss, Smethwick, before war.
worked on buses and trams.  hve compiled Rawbone tree back to 1650 now into 20th cent.  current relatives?  sam ws my uncle.

2. Family of John Hornsby and Catherine b c1807 m c1830 Leominster/Pembridge/Eardisland. Basket makers. then Birmingham 1900s.

Offline Puffcat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hornsby/Leominster/Pembridge/Eardisland/Birmingham
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 13 April 06 17:49 BST (UK) »

Was John the son of Thomas and Sarah [Sandbrook] married in Pembridge in 1796 ?

Offline bus4547

• RootsChat Extra
  • Keep Right On
    • View Profile
Re: Hornsby/Leominster/Pembridge/Eardisland/Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 13 April 06 18:56 BST (UK) »
with great apprehension of a long time problem being solved the answer is ... yes,sir/madam.  can share further info if required.
Samuel Rawbone b Wellesbourne 1893 with wife Elsie lived Birmingham, poss, Smethwick, before war.
worked on buses and trams.  hve compiled Rawbone tree back to 1650 now into 20th cent.  current relatives?  sam ws my uncle.

2. Family of John Hornsby and Catherine b c1807 m c1830 Leominster/Pembridge/Eardisland. Basket makers. then Birmingham 1900s.