Author Topic: Death Lookup Massachusetts / New Hampshire  (Read 2435 times)

Offline Amy M

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Death Lookup Massachusetts / New Hampshire
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 18 April 06 17:38 BST (UK) »
Unfortunately, I'm not near the cemetery, as I live just north of Boston, Masachusetts. 

I'm planning on going to the library Thursday, I'll see if I can find anything on Margaret.
CAMPBELL (Balleghan), DOUGLAS(S) (Carrowhugh) - Lower Moville, Co. Donegal
HUSBAND(S) (Sneem), SULLIVAN (Kenmare) - Kenmare, Co. Kerry
KEARNEY (Kilmurry/Castleisland), O'CONNOR (Shanaknock/Ballymacelligott) - Tralee, Co. Kerry
KEEFFE (Ballyhooly), HARRINGTON (Rathnadarrahy), DILLON - Castletownroche, Co. Cork
Note: My Irish ancestors ended up in Boston, Massachusetts area of U.S. between 1880 & 1905.

Offline irret

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 18 April 06 17:58 BST (UK) »
Thanks Amy, you're a doll  ::)
William Walker Glasgow<br />Pattison Northumberland<br />Pallent Suffolk<br /><br />This information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Amy M

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 21 April 06 00:49 BST (UK) »
Found this:

Margaret McArthur, died Nov. 20, 1878
in Exeter, Rockingham County, New Hampshire
age 53, born in Scotland, housewife, widow
cause of death was consumption

Unfortunately, her maiden name wasn't given, so can't be positive it's her, but the other information given does fit.

No luck with Mary on the naturalization index. 

CAMPBELL (Balleghan), DOUGLAS(S) (Carrowhugh) - Lower Moville, Co. Donegal
HUSBAND(S) (Sneem), SULLIVAN (Kenmare) - Kenmare, Co. Kerry
KEARNEY (Kilmurry/Castleisland), O'CONNOR (Shanaknock/Ballymacelligott) - Tralee, Co. Kerry
KEEFFE (Ballyhooly), HARRINGTON (Rathnadarrahy), DILLON - Castletownroche, Co. Cork
Note: My Irish ancestors ended up in Boston, Massachusetts area of U.S. between 1880 & 1905.

Offline irret

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 21 April 06 07:34 BST (UK) »
Amy Amy Amy, THIS RANKS ALONGSIDE OUR NUMBER ONE TOP FINDS ................WELLDONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't tell you how thrilled I am. Margaret has lead us a Merry Dance all through our searches. This is just the best. FANTASTIC NEWS. We can't thank you enough for staying with it!!!!!!! Well done. I am jumping up and down with excitement, thank you. I can't wait, will definitely order it if at all possible. It may be whoever the informant was didn't know her maiden name we shall have to wait and see but it all does seem to fit. I am speechless well not quite as you see! I want to find he grave/ tombstone would love a photo ooooooooohhhhhhhh can't think straight. We have lots of information on Margaret from 1846 through to 1873 and now 1878 what we don't have is her birth which I will be looking for on Monday we go to Scotland 4am Sunday morning so fingers crossed on that one. We don't have her first marriage to William Walker 1843/1844 so thats next on the hit list ... search for that at the Mitchell Library Glasgow and can't find her in 1841 census, she would be 16 and probably left home and working Glasgow/Gorbals Monica has found a few possibles but information is so sketchy we can't be sure they don't give place of birth on 1841 census so hard to tie in. Speaking of Monica I have just teased her. Sent three emails to her first ARE YOU READY FOR THIS ? second IT'S BEEN A LONG TIME COMING!!!! third MARGARET MCARTHUR with all your glorious information. Head is buzzing, got to find out how/where to order and get on the tombstone trail.
Thank you once again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Terri and Monica.  :) ;) :D ;D :-*
William Walker Glasgow<br />Pattison Northumberland<br />Pallent Suffolk<br /><br />This information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk