Author Topic: blairs in fermanagh  (Read 3100 times)

Offline liznel

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
blairs in fermanagh
« on: Monday 17 April 06 15:46 BST (UK) »
Does anyone have information on any Blairs in the Fermanagh area.I have a John Blair , my g Grandfather born in fermanagh about 1858. His parents were William Blair and Margaret Craig or Cregg. Any info would be appreciated

liz
Findlay, riccarton kilmarnock.
Nelson,  Ireland and Ayrshire
Mc kellar, Argyll Fenwick and Kirkoswald
Gilmour, Kirkoswald.
Telfer, Dumfries Kircudbright
Blair, Ireland Ayrshire.
O'Hara, Ireland and St-Quivox.
Blane, Ayrshire st-quivox Kilwinning.
Gibb, Auchinleck

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: blairs in fermanagh
« Reply #1 on: Friday 31 October 08 11:22 GMT (UK) »
Going through older posts and came across this one which had not gotten any replies. By now you might have been able to find more information but if you haven't done so the following might be of interest.

Civil registration of births in Ireland started 1864 (too late for your John Blair) but IGI lists 2 children which may, or may not, be siblings:
1. Margaret Blair born 17 Oct.1865 Drumnahaire district, Leitrim, Ireland (parents William Blair and Margaret Cregg)
2. Catherine Blair born 16 June 1872 Co. Leitrim, Ireland (parents William Blair and Margaret Craig)

County Leitrim and Co. Fermanagh share a border but Drumnahaire seems to be in Carrick-on-Shannon area which is not that close to the border.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: blairs in fermanagh
« Reply #2 on: Friday 31 October 08 12:55 GMT (UK) »
And here's a link to your other post already with the details I looked up earlier today:
www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,78095.0.html

To avoid any further duplication it would be best to post any more replies to the other thread.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!