Author Topic: Pen Y Fai and Independent Tabernacle Burials  (Read 1915 times)

Offline thomasg

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Pen Y Fai and Independent Tabernacle Burials
« on: Wednesday 19 April 06 21:49 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Can anyone explain to me where someone who attended either the Pen Y Fai chapel, Newcastle, Bridgend or the Independent Tabernacle Church, Bridgend would have been burried if they died between the 1830s to the 1910?

Also if someone had been living in Brynmenyn, Bryncethin, Aberkenfig, Llangeinor, Llangynwyd from 1830-1970, where could they have been buried?

Never having lived in Bridgend and planning to visit soon I would be very grateful if someone can provide this information.  I can only obtain information about currently open municiple cemetaries from Bridgend council.

Kind Regards

Gareth Thomas
Thomas, Bullock, Wade, Burtsal, Carey, Childs, Curtis, Cuss, Davies, Dyer, Fisher, Fruin, Hadland, Hodges, Jelf, Lane, Lifely, Loifield, Lovesy, Morgans, Parker, Pewtress, Sewell, Scrivens, Seymour, Shead, Shefer, Sprecher, Thompson, Treagle

Offline ems girl

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Pen Y Fai and Independent Tabernacle Burials
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 19 April 06 22:09 BST (UK) »
The only way I can say is to get in touch with Bridgend County Council as they hold the details.
Either phone; 01656-643422 or e-mail bridgend.gov.uk.

Details regarding Independant Tabernacle Church, Bridgend are held at Glamorgan archives...e-mail;glamro.gov.uk.

sorry,cant give better advice, but they will help, as long as you know dates of death for people you're looking for (and addresses).
Morgan=Aberdare/Hirwaun
Thomas=Brecon/hirwaun
Havard=Brecon/Hirwaun
Beynon=Hirwaun
Perkins=llanboidy
Checkett=Lancaster
choake=plymouth/Lancaster
Birkett=Lancaster
Hughes=Corwen

Online Cas (stallc)

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 19 April 06 22:10 BST (UK) »
Check the look up offers there a few parish BMD info threads by Badgirl for this area.  Maybe she can answer your questions relating to other areas of Bridgend

There are threads for Llangeinor, Llangynwyd parish info

Cas
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Squire/Thomas/Davies/Gibbons/Mordecai/Bowen/Lewis/Rees/Williams/Jones/Llewellyn/Morgan - Glamorgan
Lewis - Breckonshire
Davies/Roderick - Myddfai Carms
Lloyd/Jones - Denbigh/Salop
Thackwell/Thomas - Hereford/Monmouthshire
Shoemac/Squire/Keirle/Small - Somerset
Berry/Baggot/Lee/Clayton - Lancs
Yelland/Bray/Trethewey - Cornwall
Baggot/Hurley/Keaveny/Shiel/Flynn - Ireland

Offline mrs griff

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My Granny Emma
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 19 April 06 22:54 BST (UK) »
Try the Aberkenfig Resource Centre Its a branch of The Glamorgan Family History Society

Tel: 01656728531    They have brilliant info

Mrs Griff
Glamorgan, Merioneth,Caernavon
Roberts,  Williams.
Census Information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Chasing-fireflies

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Genealogy is like Chasing fireflies....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 20 April 06 12:52 BST (UK) »
I have records for Llangeinor, Llangynwyd and some of Bettws(rest on its way but Scottish post stinks). If someone was living in Llangynwyd then USUALLY they would be buried in either St Cynwyds church in Llangynwyd or St Davids church in Bettws. The problem begins with the other places as they are relatively close together so they could be buried in any number of churches. There is a church on top of Newcastle Hill which i am lead to believe was a popular burial site for Bridgend folk or the church on Merthyr Mawr road is another choice, again though there are so many to choose from in Bridgend. Not all the churches have released copies of burial details either which makes it pretty hard. My advice is to start with the easiest areas and research the churches closest to their Address at the time of death first.
Karren
 ;)

P.S) Who is it that you are trying to find in the areas i may be able to help with. I checked out your William Thomas and this is a possibility: William Thomas buried Llangynwyd Jan 1 1851 address Cefn Ydfa, Baiden(thats lower Llan) age 59.Also at the same address (could be spelling mistake though)Elizabeth Thomas buried 23 Nov 1863 age 18 and another by the same name at same address 26 August 1867 age 65. If you think these could be correct and you want any more let me know. ;)

I now have all of Bettws.  ;)
Previously - Badgirl
Thomas-Llangynwyd
Morgan-Garw / Sirhowy
Richards - Bettws
Philips - Rhondda
Pinn - London