Author Topic: I've said it once and I'll say it ....  (Read 1784 times)

Offline bwgan ceredig

• RootsChat Senior
  • They can 'do' 20 generations each!
    • View Profile
Re: I've said it once and I'll say it ....
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 22 April 06 00:01 BST (UK) »
I think MarieC is on to something about handing out an award...who know in a few years it could rival the Oscars for glamour...especially with all the tiaras being awarded recently  ;D ;D

The thing is what shape would the award take?  A gold rolled up cert...a RootsChatter bent over their pc...an enumerator's white quill pen... ??? :o ;D...hm I feel another post might be in order  ;D
Stiff - Monmouthshire & Glos, Parry - Monmouthshire
Stafford - Glos, Liles - Glos, Bright- Glos, Webb - Monmouthshire & Glos, Smart - Glos, Smith - Glos
Sullivan - Ireland, Jones (oh dear! Almost as bad as Smith), Walker - Somerset, Llewellyn
And, no don't laugh...Crump...I think it's great!

And of course, if I ever do manage to do a successful look up it is crown copyright and all that legal stuff!

Seriously Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Wendi

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Peeking into the past
    • View Profile
Re: I've said it once and I'll say it ....
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 22 April 06 00:15 BST (UK) »
bwgan ceredig, love your sentiments to bits, but being an old fashioned girl, I'd like to think that we leave the Local Registry Offices as they are and send Thank you letters, flowers and chocs when they have done something truly wonderful.

They, currently are very personal, and personable, but send in the annual gold cup and - it all becomes very - how shall I say this - foreign - and standards actually FALL

Or am I just getting old and  :P LOL

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it!  No matter if I have said it,
unless it agrees with your own reason and with your own common sense" ~ Buddha

SCOTT ~ Monmouthshire & Glamorgan
BUCKLEY ~ Cork & Manchester
FRANKLIN ~ Clerkenwell, London
BRADY ~ Kildare & Manchester
DERICK ~ France
FRIEND ~ Kent & Portsmouth
TYLDESLEY ~ Lancashire