Author Topic: Entwistle family 1901-1920  (Read 3676 times)

Offline Harvey Rabbit

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Entwistle family 1901-1920
« on: Thursday 14 October 04 17:15 BST (UK) »
What is the best way to locate a family in Glasgow after 1901?
Would electoral roles be useful and can I access any online??

William Entwistle and his 3 sons William aged 4, James aged 2 and Joseph aged 7 months are on the 1901 census in Workington, Cumberland. William Entwistle's wife Mary Ann (formery Dunn) had died in 1900 shortly after the birth the 3rd son Joseph (My great grandfather). The father and the 2 elder sons moved to Scotland where he re-married. Joseph was left behind in Workington with his Aunt. (I have not been able to find William Entwistle's 2nd marriage cert on Scotlands people website)  I have two addresses that I believe they lived at in Glasgow 1915-1930. One is in Springburn and one in Kelvinbridge.
Douglas, Brown, Entwistle, Reed, Parsons, Copperwaite, Farrow, Barnes, Cowx, McCallum, Stobbart, Bowsell, Iredale, Marshall.

Offline Harvey Rabbit

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Entwistle family 1901-1920
« Reply #1 on: Friday 15 October 04 13:01 BST (UK) »
Thank you Janie for the advice you emailed me, I have posted on the site you recommended.

Had to post here as can not seem to work out how to email you back! Am knew to this lark!
 ???
Douglas, Brown, Entwistle, Reed, Parsons, Copperwaite, Farrow, Barnes, Cowx, McCallum, Stobbart, Bowsell, Iredale, Marshall.