Author Topic: SMALL  (Read 2626 times)

Offline missjessie

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
SMALL
« on: Wednesday 04 February 04 02:01 GMT (UK) »
 :) I am interested to hear from anyone associated with this surname especially in Buckinghamshire.

Offline Kazza

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking into Holes
    • View Profile
Re:SMALL
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 21 February 04 03:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi, :D

You may also like to post this information on the appropriate One Name Studies board on this site,

Good Luck
Kazza.
Welsh Lass
Surname interests:
Clementsten, Hobson, Hole, Marden, O'Clements, Pitten, Sharland, Vickery (Vicary), Williams.

Area Interests:
Cardiff, Bampton, Bideford, Crediton, Wollaston, Somerset, Tidenham, Norway, Australia to Bristol.

Offline ggrocott

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I will find them eventually!
    • View Profile
Re: SMALL
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 20 February 05 12:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I am researching the Small family of Haddenham and Nether Wichendon - have got back as far as John and Mary Small is this the family you are looking for?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Tagg, Bowyer (Berkshire/Surrey), Adams, Small, Pratt, Coles, Stevens, Cox (Bucks), Grocott, Slater, Dean, Hill (Staffs/Shropshire), Holloway, Flint, Warrington,Turnbull (London), Montague, Barrett (Herts), Hayward (Kent), Gallon, Knight, Ede, Tribe, Bunn, Northeast, Nicholds (Sussex) Penduck, Pinnell, Yeeles (Gloucs), Johns (Monmouth and Devon), Head (Bath), Tedbury, Bowyer (Somerset), Chapman, Barrett (Herts/Essex)

Offline ggrocott

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I will find them eventually!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 22 February 05 09:24 GMT (UK) »
Yes we're definitely on the same family.  My 'Pratts'  were Sarah Pratt daughter of Richard Pratt and Elizabeth Rose.  Have Elizabeth's lineage back to the 1600s but only have Richard's birth date - and that not with me!  Sarah married Agrippa Small and I am descended from one of their daughter's (Elizabeth if  my memory serves me right!)  She married James Adams and their son,William, was my ggrandfather.

Happy to send you any information that I have - can you send attachments on here? - This is my first attempt at using this.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Tagg, Bowyer (Berkshire/Surrey), Adams, Small, Pratt, Coles, Stevens, Cox (Bucks), Grocott, Slater, Dean, Hill (Staffs/Shropshire), Holloway, Flint, Warrington,Turnbull (London), Montague, Barrett (Herts), Hayward (Kent), Gallon, Knight, Ede, Tribe, Bunn, Northeast, Nicholds (Sussex) Penduck, Pinnell, Yeeles (Gloucs), Johns (Monmouth and Devon), Head (Bath), Tedbury, Bowyer (Somerset), Chapman, Barrett (Herts/Essex)

Offline mjb

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 28 February 05 07:46 GMT (UK) »
What a coincidence.

I too have a connection with a Sarah Small born Haddenham 1811 but am stuck.  There are two Sarah Smalls born Haddenham 1811 one is the daughter of Agrippa as you say but I am looking for the Sarah Small who married Edwin Kirby can you shed light on this one?

thanks  Marilyn
Researching Bunyan  Buckinghamshire and Bedfordshire.  Blakes of Winslow and Marsh Gibbon, Chatteris, London, Nottingham
Gadd of Worthing
Doxsey of London

Offline missjessie

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 01 March 05 00:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi Marilyn,

The Sarah Small you mention is the daughter of Sarah Pratt and Agrippa Small. She is the one who married Edward? Kirby. I am happy to help, if I can be of further assistance please let me know.

Best Wishes, Valerie.