Author Topic: Help please Carmarthenshire  (Read 2705 times)

Offline rav2703

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Help please Carmarthenshire
« on: Monday 24 April 06 23:24 BST (UK) »
I have come to a dead end!!! ???. My great grandfather , Francis Francis born C1801 in St Clears married a Mary Thomas born C1801 in LLanboidy. They were married in St Clears in 1822. I have checked St Clears marriages 1682-1837 where they are mentioned, but there is no record of who their parents were, where do I go from here. Any help gratefully acknowledged.

Offline welsh lady

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Help please Carmarthenshire
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 25 April 06 13:01 BST (UK) »
Hi no marriages that early will not give parents names just who the witnesses were at the marriage.Have looked in St Clears in 1841 only your family and 2 other Francis families James Francis age 30 Shoemaker and family and John Francis age 50 Shoemaker and family.These seem likely to be your Franciss brothers due to the occupations all being the same and the fact they are the only Francis family that seem to live in St Clears.(Remember ages are rounded off in 1841).Your next step is to check the Baptism records of St Clears for Francis birth.Good Luck.Best Wishes Welsh Lady
This information is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Amor/Amer-Bromham Wiltshire,Hertfordshire,Suffolk.
Pyett-Suffolk
Wolfenden-Cambridgeshire,Huntingdonshire
Bird,Nash-Essex.
Anderson,-London.Bethnal Green,Shoreditch,Hackney
King-,Uxbridge,Shoreditch,Bethnal Green
Edwards,Roberts,Lane,Price,Williams-Llanelli.
Roberts-Pembroke Dock

Offline rav2703

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help please Carmarthenshire
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 25 April 06 14:17 BST (UK) »
Thank you Welsh Lady. Will try and follow any leads on James and John. I have the Baptisms of St Clears on the Parish Anthology CD but they only run 1813-1875. I feel a trip to Wales coming on !! Thanks again.