Author Topic: Uplyme & Yawl Lime & Stone Works!  (Read 880 times)

Offline DavidJP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Uplyme & Yawl Lime & Stone Works!
« on: Tuesday 25 April 06 01:47 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

Hope someone can help me with this. I would like some information about the village of Uplyme and most particularly Yawl Lime & Stone works.

My Gt Gt Grandfather although born, married and lived most of his life and died in Northumberland is shown on the 1881 census as head of the house in Uplyme Village, one entry down from the lime and stone works and one entry up from Mill Lane. I would be interested to know anything about this area of the village. Also as he was an Engine fitter by trade I'm assuming that he would have worked at the lime and stone works, would this be a correct assumption?

Any help with this would be great!!

Regards,

David
Aitcheson, Aldred, Batty, Bauer, Bone, Brewer, Dean, Doyle, Durant, Fife, Finney, Gibson, Graham/Grayham, Hall, Harrison, Hersey, Hill, Holliss, Hudson, Hussey, Insley, Kelsey, King, Laver, Longmore, Luke, Mellor, Newman, North, Parker, Phillips, Porter, Read, Robinson, Rowel, Spink, Sproxton, Steer, Stevenson, Tanner, Witty/Whitty, Warburton, Wood.
(For more information on the above surnames please check the Surname Interest Table below.)