Author Topic: Joseph Piper Downham 1841-51  (Read 2796 times)

Offline Piperatthegates

• RootsChat Member
  • Great Grandad PC Arthur Piper 1844-1886
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph Piper Downham 1841-51
« Reply #9 on: Monday 29 January 07 07:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Thanks for the link, I had found it previously, but as is always the way, looking at it again, something has struck me.

Edward Piper (age 20 in the 1841 census) after leaving the pubs employ became a Hawker, the only one Ive found in the family so far, and moved to the Birmingham area.

Looking again at that site, and all the Hawkers living at the pub, it wouldn't surprise me that he went off with some that he had become friends with.

All the Best, Thanks for the Link
Piper, Essex
Piper, London Hoxton Islington

Offline jlflack

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 16 August 07 21:03 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Joseph Piper is the great great grandfather of a friend of mine (Joan nee Piper) Her father was Walter Piper. Her gfather was Arthur Piper.  His father was Joseph Piper, husband of Eliza Hockley and son of your Joseph Piper.  Joan would like to know where you fit into the family tree.  Any info would be welcome.  Thanks

Offline Piperatthegates

• RootsChat Member
  • Great Grandad PC Arthur Piper 1844-1886
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 22 September 07 23:07 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Sorry it took so long to reply to this post, I have been off Rootschat for several months.

Joseph ( the Chelmsford Publican) is my third great grand uncle, I am an ancestor of his brother Isaac.

please PM me and I will give you an e-mail address so that Joan can contact me directly as I am very interested to contact a Ramsden Bellhouse Piper post 1901.

My family moved from Ramsden in the 1820's ish and eventually drifted into London, it was only my father who moved back to Essex (Dunton) in the 1950's not knowing his family came from Ramsden three generations before.

Piper, Essex
Piper, London Hoxton Islington

Offline jlflack

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 23 September 07 18:14 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Thanks for your reply.  I have told Joan and she is pleased to hear of the connection.  She is not on the internet so you can contact her thro' me.  She used to have a picture of Joseph and Eliza Piper but she sent it to her cousin in California.  She said that she will contact him if you would like to see it - maybe he could e-mail it to you?

Joan is related to Joseph Piper, the shoemaker from Downham.  How is he connected to Joseph the publican?

Thanks, again,
Liz