Author Topic: Kerrigans Killerry Sligo  (Read 1958 times)

Offline Hudggy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Kerrigan
    • View Profile
Kerrigans Killerry Sligo
« on: Friday 28 April 06 16:18 BST (UK) »
Hi I have tried to find where my 3rd great grandparents lived. I have noticed that in the Griffiths Valuations  1858 for Lavally West Killerry there is a head of Household a Patrick Kerrigan. Then in the 1901 Census for there the head of household is a Bridget Kerrigan Lavally West Killerry Tirerrill Sligo . Could anyone help me in finding if this is my family as, I can get no further with this brickwall.

Hi Audrey,

I have a Patrick Kerrigan married Bridget McGowan Saint Molais's Rc Church Feb 1852 They had a least 3 sons first Christened Denis Feb 1853  same church. the other two sons one is my great grandfather Charles born around 1859 and Patrick born around 1863. They came to Glasgow and married and settled here for some reason my side of the family name changed in 1901 census for Glasgow from Kerrigan to Carrigan.

This I found out after I had been searching for Carrigans till I found Charles marriage certificate the name was Kerrighan do not bother with this spelling as his brothers name was Kerrigan Scots ear and Irish accent.

That is all I really know but there were two Patricks in the Griffiths Valuations 1858 for Sligo one at Killerry and the other at Drumcliff, but this only gives head of households so you can see the brickwall. Even they may not be my Patrick he may have not been head of the house if they stayed with either family

Regards Robert Carrigan ( Kerrigan)

PS Do not have any birth certificates to establish when the year they were born.
Kerrigan Torbet  Mead Galt  McGowan Stewart Caldwell, Ireland
Stevenson Caldwell Kerrigan Carrigan, Scotland
Calderwood, England

Offline Ticker

• User is no longer receiving email notifications.
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Follow me on twitter @ShaunTymon.
    • View Profile
Re: Kerrigans Killerry Sligo
« Reply #1 on: Friday 28 April 06 22:48 BST (UK) »
Sorry we haven't been able to help you so far on this one.

Have you had a look at all the usual general resources I tend to suggest?  ;)

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,83852.0.html

You could also look at these Sligo specific sites which may help.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,127748.0.html

Perhaps you would like to have a look at these resources to see if there is anything that might help you.

Please come back with any further queries or to let us know how you get on.

Best wishes

Ticker
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk