Author Topic: Boyd Family Tree  (Read 22953 times)

Offline Wendl

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Shaking the Irish Family Tree from Canada
    • View Profile
Re: Boyd Family Tree
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 01 August 07 17:38 BST (UK) »
Hello Mary,

I Thank you for the information, will keep track of it, as a John Close is the father of my GRT GRT Grandfather James Watson Close b. 13 Aug1843.  As well, Robert is a name that runs thru every generation of my family to present day.  So could be promising.

The Close Buried with the Boyd's is the son of Robert Henry Close and Agnes Boyd, who married 25 Dec 1895 at Belmont Presbyterian Church.  Robert was the son of my James.

All the Best
Wendy   
Barrie/Barry-Forfar
Broun/Brown-Kirriemuir, Forfar, Angus
Carr-Belfast
Close -Belfast, Antrim and Down, Mageraghall; Ontario, Canada 
Crowe- Belfast
Gardiner/Gardner-Belfast, Scotland
Hennion- USA
Hedley- Belfast
Lawlor-Belfast, Down: Ontario, Canada
McPherson-Esquising, Ontario
McKernan-Australia
Ramsay-Kirriemuir,Scotland
Thompson-Derry; Ontario-Canada
Walker- Kirriemuir,Forfar,Dundee Scotland
Wilkinson-Belfast

Offline scarletmill

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 04 August 07 19:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Coralc

I've just been reading through your Boyd links so I thought I'd throw another one or two in from the McClintons. My GGgranny was Mary Ann Boyd b1856, her sis Sarah Boyd b1841 and Sarah's son Robert Boyd b1886. Mary Ann married Robert McClinton in 1885 - I'm waiting for their marraige cert for more info. They lived in Cambrai St Belfast from at least 1901. Their daughter was Alicia and her son Samuel. ( a Jane Boyd appeared on Samuel's b cert ).
Does any of this sound familiar as the Boyd link is new to me and quite vague.

Best Regards

June
McClinton, Boyd, McCreight (Belfast, Templepatrick , Carmoney and Killead/Ballyhill Townlands),
McMullan, McGurk, McLeister, Taylor, Glass, McKillop, McCaughern (Rasharkin, Dunloy and Portglenone - Tamlaght)
Harrison, Stafford, Plunkett (Tyrone and Armagh)
Coulter/Coalter, Foster (Fermanagh)
Lougheed, Gibson (Co.Cavan)
McVeigh, Edgar (Belfast and Co.Down)
Shannon (Co.Monaghan)

Offline maryderry

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 05 August 07 23:09 BST (UK) »
MARY ANN BOYD M ROBERT MCCLINTON 13-7-1885 AT CARLISLE MEMORIAL METHODIST CHURCH. SHANKILL, BELFAST, ANTRIM.

REGARDS MARY.
doolin?
quigley- hasson. stewart. lynch. doherty gallagher-derry
mclaughlin-  brennan .moville co. donegal
mctaggart
monaghan

Offline scarletmill

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 06 August 07 18:12 BST (UK) »
MaryDerry,

What a star you are. How on earth did you manage to come across the info - are they connected to something you are researching or is it from another site , I'd be really interested to know. It 'll be much easier to get their marraige cert now so many thanks.

Best Wishes

June
McClinton, Boyd, McCreight (Belfast, Templepatrick , Carmoney and Killead/Ballyhill Townlands),
McMullan, McGurk, McLeister, Taylor, Glass, McKillop, McCaughern (Rasharkin, Dunloy and Portglenone - Tamlaght)
Harrison, Stafford, Plunkett (Tyrone and Armagh)
Coulter/Coalter, Foster (Fermanagh)
Lougheed, Gibson (Co.Cavan)
McVeigh, Edgar (Belfast and Co.Down)
Shannon (Co.Monaghan)

Offline Wendl

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Shaking the Irish Family Tree from Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 10 August 07 19:57 BST (UK) »
Hi all....

Have attached a photo of Annie Agnes Boyd m Robert Henry Close, 25 Dec 1895. Annie is in the middle, the girl to the left is her daughter Margaret Close who married John Cooke, and the one of the right is Nellie Close who married William McKernin......does anyone see a family resemblence?   Was taken in 1928....I think maybe at the Coast???

Wendy

oops...had to resize the photo
Barrie/Barry-Forfar
Broun/Brown-Kirriemuir, Forfar, Angus
Carr-Belfast
Close -Belfast, Antrim and Down, Mageraghall; Ontario, Canada 
Crowe- Belfast
Gardiner/Gardner-Belfast, Scotland
Hennion- USA
Hedley- Belfast
Lawlor-Belfast, Down: Ontario, Canada
McPherson-Esquising, Ontario
McKernan-Australia
Ramsay-Kirriemuir,Scotland
Thompson-Derry; Ontario-Canada
Walker- Kirriemuir,Forfar,Dundee Scotland
Wilkinson-Belfast

Offline Mabus

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 09 December 22 00:01 GMT (UK) »
HI, I know this thread has been inactive for 15 years however I note the poster was last active in the past year or two.

coraic states that Straid, which is in the parish of Ballynure. appears often in their research. I am descended from Boyds of Straid, and would be most interested to know what you have. The furthest back I can go is James Boyd born around 1815 and married to Joyce McKeen. William and Thomas are amongst the names of their children, just as you state William and Thomas appear frequently.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 09 December 22 07:56 GMT (UK) »

Just adding this link about the 1885 marriage (reply #29)-

Mary Ann Boyd married Robert McClinton on 13-7-1885 at Carlisle Memorial Methodist Church. Shankill, Belfast, Antrim.

The capital letters replaced by standard text.

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1885/10872/5970815.pdf

Robert McClinton of full age, a bachelor and labourer and living at 16 Carnan Street. Mary Anne Boyd of full age, a spinster and living at 118 Cambria [sic] Street.
Robert's father, Samuel McClinton a labourer. Mary Anne's father, David Boyd also a labourer.

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Gilby

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 15 December 22 21:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mabus,

I am not related to the Boyds, but I am from Straid, and I know of two descendants of James Boyd and Joyce McKeen who have done DNA tests.  One is descended from their daughter Mary (born c1845) and another from their daughter Helen (born 1855). 

They had at least 7 children – which one are you descended from?

Gilby

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 16 December 22 08:10 GMT (UK) »

I have an "Annie Agnes Boyd"...who married into my "Close" family 25 Dec 1895, at Belmont Presbyterian Church in Belfast. Became the wife of Robert Henry Close….

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1895/10541/5839570.pdf

Robert Henry Close a blacksmith, whose father James Watson Close was also a blacksmith. A Jeanie Boyd was one of the witnesses.

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo