Author Topic: Age gaps in familys  (Read 2681 times)

Offline Nicky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Age gaps in familys
« on: Sunday 30 April 06 22:19 BST (UK) »
I just wondered (might of had this before) what the biggest age gap is in children in a family??

I have one born 1936 and the youngest born 1967. That makes 31 years.

I am sure this can be beaten.

Nicky
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />Sewell - Surrey<br />Lynch - Ireland, Devon and Channel Islands<br />Whall and Pye - Norwich, Essex and Kent<br />Cotterill - Warwickshire<br />Adams - North and East Riding of Yorkshire<br />Preest, Dufty Lewis, Aston - Forest of Dean

Offline Comosus

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Age gaps in familys
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 30 April 06 23:32 BST (UK) »
Does it have to be with the same couple? (second marriages would mean a longer gap)

With a second marriage I have the first child born 1875 and the last born 1914, which is 39 years.

Andrew

Offline Dimps

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • GET STUCK IN...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 01 May 06 01:43 BST (UK) »
With the same couple, to beat this would be pushing it a bit.  For instance, if the mother was 45 when the last child was born, she would have been 14 when the first was born.  I cannot imagine many born outside these perameters.

Dimps
Linberry, Chatfield, Faulkner, West in West Sussex<br />Towell, in Shoreditch and Exeter<br />Spurling from Norfolk<br />Bateson from Norfolk<br />Snell, Lorkin, Norman from Suffolk<br />O'Boyle/Boyle from Donegal<br />Murray, McCann, Gunn from Sutherland<br />Davis, Bute from Woolwich<br /><br />Census information contained in this post is Crown copyright:  www.NationalArchives.gov.uk

Offline Happy Hunter

• RootsChat Member
  • Spring sprung, birdys riz, wonder where family iz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 01 May 06 02:17 BST (UK) »
For one family I have managed 27 years (15 children) - the mother 19 when the first born, 46 for the last.

The other family has 23 children born over 40 years, with two of three wives (last marriage had no issue). The husband was 22 for the first and 62 for the last. First child born was a grandfather before his father had finished having the family.

Brown - Yorkshire - Australia
Doe - Surrey, Essex, Suffolk - Australia
Frankcom - Gloucestershire - Australia
Hutchins - Middlesex/Kent/London/Chelsea - Australia
Tierney - Tipperary - Australia
Wheatland - Wiltshire, Dorset, Hampshire - Australia
Census information is Crown Copyright -  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline acceber

• RootsChat Senior
  • G-Grandmother
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 01 May 06 13:22 BST (UK) »
Ive got 25 years in the same marriage, mother was 23 when she has the eldest child and 48 when she had the last (my grt-grandmother).

acceber
Pattemore: Somerset - Sellick: Glous + Somerset -Sparrow: Glous + Wilts

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 01 May 06 13:53 BST (UK) »
I was recently sent some information about one of my families including 16 children born to the mother between the age of 20 and 71!!!!! :o :o :o :o

I was astounded and flabbergasted and lots of other things,  :o :o searched on the web and thankfully found out that most of the children were actually grandchildren to the original mother!!! 

I am so glad!  :-\ :-\

Kerry
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline PennyQ

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 09 May 06 10:41 BST (UK) »
I have a few in my tree, 20-25 year gaps, seems to run in my lot right up to now, Mum was 42 when she had me, my sister was 21 and already a mum herself. Was an interesting childhood being born an aunt.

Penny
Quayle, Isle of Man
Branch, Hambidge, Stevens, Chilton, Wakeman......Middlesex, Hayes, Harefield,

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 09 May 06 11:30 BST (UK) »
A GG Uncle and his wife, in New Zealand, had 17 children :o  The first one was born in 1897, when the mother was 17 years old, and the final birth was 1927, 30 years later :o 

What a busy life my ancestors had - well, busy at producing children anyway!!!!!

Jan
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline CarolBurns

• I am no longer accepting new replies to my topics
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm still looking !
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 09 May 06 20:50 BST (UK) »
My hubby's brothers and sisters have 22 years betwen them with the same parents

Eldest brother was born 1944 and youngest was born 1966

My Great Grandfather had his first son born in 1906 and the last child was 1936 but with two marriages

Carol
Thomas, Williams,Owen (s),Griffith (s), Jones - Anglesey<br />Burns, Wallace - Northumberland, Ireland, Scotland<br />Horsburgh, Sandilands, Blackhall, Rankine, Rankin, Hilson, Nielson - Scotland <br />Turnbull, Mills, Burgoyne, Burgon - Northumberland, <br />Davidson - Scotland, India, Burma<br /> Lopez - India, Burma<br/>