Author Topic: Age gaps in familys  (Read 2679 times)

Offline MrsLizzy

• I am very sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • A Woman Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Age gaps in familys
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 09 May 06 21:48 BST (UK) »
A GG Uncle and his wife, in New Zealand, had 17 children :o  The first one was born in 1897, when the mother was 17 years old, and the final birth was 1927, 30 years later :o 

What a busy life my ancestors had - well, busy at producing children anyway!!!!!

Jan

They should have taken up family history.  They wouldn't have had time for any twice-five's-elevens, as my late great grandmother called it!
Connell (Mayo & Lancs 19th/20th c) Culling (Norfolk & London 19th c) Diss (Essex) Giesen (UK only 19th/20th c) Hackney (London) Henbest (Kent & Sussex) Hughes (Mayo to Burnley, Lancs & Edward, Parachute Regiment 40s, 50s) Lister (London) Maltby (Marylebone) Mayo (Glos) Nials Noquet (Huguenot) Phillips (S London) Poulain (France & London) Rayner (Halstead, Essex) Pratt (Kent & Sussex) Redfearn (London) Silk Speller (Rodings, Essex) Thompson (S London) Thurley Trundle Wade Westley

Offline teap78

• RootsChat Veteran
  • my mum Gemma Doyle 1950s
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 09 May 06 22:34 BST (UK) »
Ive the same as acceber
same marriage eldest child of 13 children was born in 1840 the last was my great grand Father 1865. but if the Entry ive found in the IGI is correct the mother was born in 1815 making her 50 when my grt grandfather was born?
It always makes me think that maybe one of the first born sisters in the 1840s was really his mum then i feel bad for thinking this incase im wrong.

Colette
Doyle, Mullan, Mulholland, O'Neill, McCann, Lowry, Mullen, Forsythe, Magilton, Farnan.  Banbridge Co Down , Belfast Co Antrim and Dungannon Co Tyrone .

Offline Lemontree

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 09 May 06 22:35 BST (UK) »
The longest interval between the birth of two children to the same mother is 41 years 185 days. Elizabeth Ann Buttle of Cwmann, Wales, UK, gave birth to Belinda on May 19,1956 and Joseph on November 20, 1997, aged 60

that takes some beating.

Offline CarolBurns

• I am no longer accepting new replies to my topics
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm still looking !
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 10 May 06 02:32 BST (UK) »
The longest interval between the birth of two children to the same mother is 41 years 185 days. Elizabeth Ann Buttle of Cwmann, Wales, UK, gave birth to Belinda on May 19,1956 and Joseph on November 20, 1997, aged 60

that takes some beating.

At 60!!  :o

I feel past it already and I'm not even in the 50's yet! lol I felt I'd done enough when I stopped at 26!

Carol
Thomas, Williams,Owen (s),Griffith (s), Jones - Anglesey<br />Burns, Wallace - Northumberland, Ireland, Scotland<br />Horsburgh, Sandilands, Blackhall, Rankine, Rankin, Hilson, Nielson - Scotland <br />Turnbull, Mills, Burgoyne, Burgon - Northumberland, <br />Davidson - Scotland, India, Burma<br /> Lopez - India, Burma<br/>

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 10 May 06 16:59 BST (UK) »
Carol

I am 40 and getting married this year and children are definitely off the agenda.  I might have had some 10 years ago but now, I couldn't stand the sleepless nights, tantrums etc.

I'm definitely past it!  I like my life!

I have two nieces and a nephew I adore, but at the end of the day I give them back.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Kerry
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline MrsLizzy

• I am very sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • A Woman Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 10 May 06 20:05 BST (UK) »
Kerry shall we co-write a book on Why Cats and Dogs are Better Than Kids ???
Connell (Mayo & Lancs 19th/20th c) Culling (Norfolk & London 19th c) Diss (Essex) Giesen (UK only 19th/20th c) Hackney (London) Henbest (Kent & Sussex) Hughes (Mayo to Burnley, Lancs & Edward, Parachute Regiment 40s, 50s) Lister (London) Maltby (Marylebone) Mayo (Glos) Nials Noquet (Huguenot) Phillips (S London) Poulain (France & London) Rayner (Halstead, Essex) Pratt (Kent & Sussex) Redfearn (London) Silk Speller (Rodings, Essex) Thompson (S London) Thurley Trundle Wade Westley

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 10 May 06 20:38 BST (UK) »
For starters, they cost less and they don't answer back!!!

Kerry  ;D ;D
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline Cas (stallc)

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 10 May 06 23:17 BST (UK) »
My nan told me her mother, my gr grandmother, had 19 children but not all survived the birth or into adulthood. 

From my research I found the first born in 1894, when she was age 16, six weeks after her wedding, sadly the first baby died.  The last was in 1923 when she was age 45.

It took me three years but with the help of the beta index managed to find the last of them.  Really wished my nan was here that day to tell her...  Also felt really close to gr grandmother, through the research, although never really knew her as she died when I was just 10 days old, but guess I did 'meet' her.

Cas
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Squire/Thomas/Davies/Gibbons/Mordecai/Bowen/Lewis/Rees/Williams/Jones/Llewellyn/Morgan - Glamorgan
Lewis - Breckonshire
Davies/Roderick - Myddfai Carms
Lloyd/Jones - Denbigh/Salop
Thackwell/Thomas - Hereford/Monmouthshire
Shoemac/Squire/Keirle/Small - Somerset
Berry/Baggot/Lee/Clayton - Lancs
Yelland/Bray/Trethewey - Cornwall
Baggot/Hurley/Keaveny/Shiel/Flynn - Ireland

Offline NIFTYFIFTY47

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 17 May 06 23:51 BST (UK) »
Kerry,

Forget the sleepless nights....imagine dealing with HORMONES as you approach 60.  I never remember knowing about hormones when I was in my teens but nowadays hormones seem to be the excuse for all bad behaviour.

Mary.