Author Topic: Death Certificates  (Read 1026 times)

Offline eirwen

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Death Certificates
« on: Sunday 30 April 06 23:45 BST (UK) »
Do all death certificates state what occupation the deceased carried out when alive . The reason I ask is that my g/g/grandfather was a William Morgan and whilst alive his occupation was always entered as harpist I know that he was alive in the 1881 census and livng in the Pontypridd area. In the 1891 census his wife is now down as a widow still living in the Pontypridd area so assume William died between 1881 and 1891 but Pontypridd Registry have no record of the death of any William Morgan whose occupation whilst alive was a harpist. Any lister have any ideas what might have happened , as there does not appear to be any death registered. Thankyou Alun.

Offline cardiff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Death Certificates
« Reply #1 on: Monday 01 May 06 14:10 BST (UK) »
Hi
what was williams wifes name I could look up Glyn Taff cemetery for a william Morgan and if his wife is buried in the same grave  may give us  a shot, do you know when his wife died that would be even better. They may not be buried  and not buried in Glyn Taff but you never know I will look if you want me to.
What info did you give ponty reg  he may not have been an harpist at the time of his death
cheers cardiff
All CensusTranscriptions are Crown Copyright

Read Wiltshire /Pontypridd
Dove Lincolnshire/Pontypridd/Cardiff
Barnhouse Cardiff/Pontypridd
Wilkes Shropshire/ Staffordshire/ Rhondda
Fletchers Staffordshire/ Glamorgan
Wright Somerset/ Glamorgan
Probert Cardigan/Rhondda/Shropshire
Jenkins Cardigan
Lewis Cardigan
Morgan Penderyn/Pontypridd
Stephens Penderyn
David Glamorgan
Whitby Forest Dean
Hughes Goodrich/Pontypridd
Jackson/Smith London /Kent/Glamorgan
Hughes Maesteg/Ynyshire

Offline eirwen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 01 May 06 19:24 BST (UK) »
All I have is that on the birth certificates of one of his sons and his daughter his occupation was harpist. Also in the 1871 and 1881 census he is a harpist , and of course the family have all told me he was a harpist. It looks like he just vanished after 1881 so assumed he had died. His wife was a Mary Richards and sons were William 1865 Merthyr Tydfil, John, Pontypridd 1868 and   daughter Mary 1872 1872. The last address I have for Mary his widow is Wood Road , Trefforest?1891 census, previous addresses were 1871 High street Pontypridd ,1881 LLantwit Fardre. But I am beginning to to believe he might have stopped being a harpist after 1881 and that is why I cannot locate him. Believe William was born about 1838 Merthyr Tydfil and Mary 1843 Aberdare. There is the possibility that William was away playing when he died and may be buried in that area. [Just a thought].Would appreciate any help you can offer. Alun

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 01 May 06 19:46 BST (UK) »
Hello Eirwen,

Found him, (I think) on the 1841 Census for Wales, - father's occupation, collier.

Could be him on the 1881 Census, but it doesn't give an occupation. On the 1871 Census it gives his occupation as "Harpur", - could be the writing though!

Have you tried looking for a Death Entry on Free BMD?

Romilly.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.

Offline eirwen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 01 May 06 22:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Romilly In the 1881 census the family is living in Tramside Road LLantwit Fardre. Mary [wife of harpist] plus her son's William and John and daughter Mary. William [husband] not at homeThis is the last reference which I can find about the head of the family being mentioned as a harpist. With the deaths on BMD  no joy at all. Thanks for your assistance.