Author Topic: Rutledge, possibly of Drummully  (Read 4005 times)

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
Rutledge, possibly of Drummully
« on: Monday 01 May 06 22:12 BST (UK) »
Hello

In my Stewart line I have a Sarah Jane Stewart married to a William Rutledge (born c 1853) at Drumully, Monaghan in 1894. It is likely, based on info from a death certificate, that William's parents were a John Rutledge (farmer) and Annie Brown.

If anyone ever comes across anything on  such a Rutledge grouping, it would be good to hear from you.
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Stewart and Rutledge of Drummully Parish
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 18 July 07 22:46 BST (UK) »
Well, time has moved on and I now have a copy of their marriage certificate.

Rutledge was from Clonagor (spelling variants Clinagor,Clonnagore), Parish of Drummully, County Fermanagh whilst Stewart was from Clinooney (spelling variants Clonooney, Clonoony), Parish of Drummully, County Monaghan. The Parish straddled both counties.

So, if anyone looking in has either of these surnames from the areas mentioned, it would be good to hear from you.

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: Rutledge, possibly of Drummully
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 21 October 07 03:02 BST (UK) »
Hi scotmum,

Two Clinagore Rutledges signed the Ulster Covenant ...

Andrew and Jane E. Rutledge, Clinagore, Monaghan: North in the Clones district.

Christopher 

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Rutledge, possibly of Drummully
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 21 October 07 11:19 BST (UK) »
Thanks, Christopher, I had noticed that. The same, I am assuming, Andrew also appeared in the area pre -1900 as well, so very probably linked to William.