Author Topic: Victoria look up please  (Read 6350 times)

Offline Cougar

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Victoria look up please
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 07 May 06 13:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue
Sorry - had interstate visitors all weekend - just got online now and found your posting.
About to go investigate.
Thank you so much for this.
Cougar
Researching STANLEY(Coventry to Shoreditch area, EWENS,(somerset) BARBER,(Holloway) WOOD,(Shoreditch area) WHILLANCE,(N-U-T Northumberland)  ROSSER,(Glamorgan Wales) REYNOLDS,(Kent) SPILLER (London)
This information is Crown Copywrite. from the www.national archives.go.v.uk.

Offline Cougar

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 07 May 06 13:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue
Pity they don't all have date of birth isn't it........... would be so much easier to identify, but this gives me something to go on.
Didn't know about this site - so thank you so much for that.
Will slowly but surely check all the Stanleys listed there and see who, or how many fit.
Cougar
Researching STANLEY(Coventry to Shoreditch area, EWENS,(somerset) BARBER,(Holloway) WOOD,(Shoreditch area) WHILLANCE,(N-U-T Northumberland)  ROSSER,(Glamorgan Wales) REYNOLDS,(Kent) SPILLER (London)

Offline Lady Di

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 08 May 06 11:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Cougar,

Still looking for those Stanleys I see  ;D

Did you ever find David? 

All the best
Di
 :-*
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Cougar

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 08 May 06 11:20 BST (UK) »
Hallo Di
No - still haven't found David.......... from 1840 until the present day I am fine - found tons and tons of g.uncles and g.aunts that our bit of the family knew nothing about - but as for his birth and where he went in those first few years - still a blank.
Coming over in June to go look for myself - any excuse for a holiday.......... so look out Coventry - will be searching the records there left, right and centre.
Cheers Cougar

Offline hatgirl614

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 04 January 07 15:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cougar
I noticed you mentioned St Augustine's Orphanage....Just wonderinig if you know where it used to be because I know where it is as I have other family members that were there.
It was in Geelong, just like me :D

Offline Cougar

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 04 January 07 23:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I eventually tracked down where the records were kept.
Managed to get details of one child, but the rest are still under the ** 100 year rule.
No - don't know where it was - will be in Pt Lonsdale next month, so if you can let me know - will go and have a look.
Woops - just re-read that - when you say, used to be - gather it is no longer there?  How did you get on trying to find info on your lot?
Thanks for that
Cougar

Offline hatgirl614

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 07 January 07 11:46 GMT (UK) »
I haven't actually started looking into that yet, I only found out where the orphanage was from my Grandmother, I think she remembers where it was and I'll find out a street name off her and find out if it's still standing. I have a suspicion the building may still be there but being used for something else - will let you know asap.

Offline Cougar

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 07 January 07 22:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi
If you send me a personal message with your email address I will send you the contact person for the orphanage.
It now comes under the Mary McKillop Foundation - took me ages to find that out.
Because of the 100 year rule you will need to be able to prove direct descendancy to get any information, but they will explain what is required.
Good luck, and thanks for finding out about where it was.
Await reply,
Cheers Cougar