Author Topic: Victoria look up please  (Read 6358 times)

Offline Cougar

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Victoria look up please
« on: Tuesday 02 May 06 10:26 BST (UK) »
Hi, is there anyone who could possibly look up the details of

Footscray, Victoria, Aust, ref 29083 in 1916
Birth of Daphne Alice Stanley
The parents listed are Chas Jno Stanley and Mary Elizabeth Williams - which should read Whillance........
I would love the exact date of birth and if a marriage or death could be found - that would be gold...........
Thanks
Cougar in SA

Researching STANLEY(Coventry to Shoreditch area, EWENS,(somerset) BARBER,(Holloway) WOOD,(Shoreditch area) WHILLANCE,(N-U-T Northumberland)  ROSSER,(Glamorgan Wales) REYNOLDS,(Kent) SPILLER (London)
This information is Crown Copywrite. from the www.national archives.go.v.uk.

Offline Brisgirl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Victoria look up please
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 03 May 06 12:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Cougar,

You can research the Victorian BDM index yourself at:

http://online.justice.vic.gov.au/servlet/IdxSearch?action=getHistIdxSearchCriteria

It won't cost you anything to search and it's only $0.99 to view each page of results. 

You can download an uncertified record of an event directly to your computer for $17.50 if you have the registration number and year.  It's the same cost if you order an official certificate to be posted out.

Cheers, Brisgirl
Hewson (Dublin); Beacom (Co. Tyrone), Beer (Devon); Perry (Warwickshire); Tanner (Wiltshire); Mostyn Owen (Shropshire & Wales); Coles (Somerset & London); Fox (Cornwall); Peirce (Monmouth); Tolson (Yorkshire); Haigh (Yorkshire); Lunn (Yorkshire); Neill (Co. Down); Davies (Shropshire); Dryden (Roxburgh); McVane (Roxburgh); Lillico (Roxburgh); Symington (Roxburgh); Dickson (Roxburgh).

Offline Cougar

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 03 May 06 12:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Brisgirl
Thanks for that - I googled and obviously missed that link.
Cheers Cougar
Researching STANLEY(Coventry to Shoreditch area, EWENS,(somerset) BARBER,(Holloway) WOOD,(Shoreditch area) WHILLANCE,(N-U-T Northumberland)  ROSSER,(Glamorgan Wales) REYNOLDS,(Kent) SPILLER (London)

Offline Anne in OZ

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 03 May 06 12:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Cougar, I checked my Vic discs and I can't see a death for a Daphne or Daphne Alice (any surname) with those parents up to and including 1985.
Anne in OZ
SCOTLAND: Bothwell Hunter Cumming Forbes Deans McPhail Wyness Malcolm Cameron Harvey McQueenie McCall Morrison
ENGLAND: Bailey Beer Beere Mann Worker Wines Page Turner Vagg Grimwood Heaton Stanbridge Stapleton Thompson Pittard Chick Dummelow Brown Dimmitt
IRELAND:Corkery O'Connor Reid McFadzen McFadden Oates McQueenie

Offline Cougar

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 03 May 06 13:05 BST (UK) »
Drat - another of those mysterious Stanleys of mine.
So if no death with Daphne / Daphne Alice with an alternative surname - wonder if that means she moved interstate or like her ggggrandfather - just appeared, or in this case, disappeared into thin air.
Thank you so much for that - might have to widen my search.
I know she was put in an orphange as an infant (but they have no confirming paperwork) - so possibility I suppose that she had a name change, although her brothers didn't.
Again, many thanks for your time and effort.
Cougar

Offline tropicalj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • six grandkids
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 04 May 06 07:03 BST (UK) »
hi there
do you know what state in australia  the orphange was? and by any chance how old her brothers were when they went into this orphange
did her parents die in victoria?
also you mention just brothers by the index ther is a sister  MAY ELIZABETH CAROLINE born 1910 in NEWPORT VIC

regards jenn
When you search for ancestors, you find great friends!
I live in Townsville researching
TOWNSEND,PINNEGAR, STRANGE, PULLEN, GRIFFIN from Wiltshire,,
SHOEBRIDGE, VINALL, BRINDLE, Kent
BAYLEY, Dorset,Yorkshire,
HAIR, Durham,
CUMMINS, BROWNLESS from Yorkshire,
EDSALL,  Cornwall,
MORGAN, HENNESSY, BAKER,  Ireland.
VAN REYK Sri Lanka
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.au

Offline Cougar

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 04 May 06 07:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Jenn
Have been in touch with the orphanage - no parents recorded for the child we think is Daphne Alice Stanley b 1916 in Footscray, Vic. which is why I need her full date of birth.
Have got the boys - because of the 100 year rule, only information regarding the elder, but do have the names of the three of them - so they are OK -
May Elizabeth Caroline is a sister and no idea what became of her or her siblings, I have not been able to discover.
Their mother died in 24 Dec 1916 which could have been childbirth related if Daphne was born 4 Dec 1916 - but this needs to be confirmed.
The first three boys all born Orbost, ie Charles Robert, (orphanage)
Laurence Arthur (born & Died 1907), Lindsay or Leonard (orphanage)(depending on which record) but no further details aside from their births.
The two girls  born Footscray and Walter (orphanage) born Newport on the 7 May 1911.
Needless to say all help is gratefully received.
Cheers, Cougar

Offline tropicalj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • six grandkids
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 04 May 06 08:08 BST (UK) »
hi cougar your will get her full date of birth from the birt h certificate though
and was the orphange in victoria
regargs jenn
When you search for ancestors, you find great friends!
I live in Townsville researching
TOWNSEND,PINNEGAR, STRANGE, PULLEN, GRIFFIN from Wiltshire,,
SHOEBRIDGE, VINALL, BRINDLE, Kent
BAYLEY, Dorset,Yorkshire,
HAIR, Durham,
CUMMINS, BROWNLESS from Yorkshire,
EDSALL,  Cornwall,
MORGAN, HENNESSY, BAKER,  Ireland.
VAN REYK Sri Lanka
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.au

Offline Cougar

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 04 May 06 08:17 BST (UK) »
Hi again Jenn
Yep - think I am going to have to order it - was hoping someone could access them without going to the expense....... pensions don't always stretch as far as we would like them to........ but never mind.
The boys were in the St Augustine's Orphanage and Daphne was in Broadmeadows - they both come under the McKillop foundation - and they have been most helpful.   Well, as far as they can under the 100 year rule.
Cougar