Author Topic: Harry Blackmore and family Exeter  (Read 4395 times)

Offline Maundrell

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Harry Blackmore and family Exeter
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 25 February 17 15:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,

I don't know if you are still looking, but today we have spoken to Harry Blackmore, the son of Harry Blackmore the footballer, who would love you to get in touch with him.

His telephone number is 01208 862808.

Kind regards

Judy Maundrell

Offline PamH

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 25 February 17 23:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi Judy

Wow this was an unexpected message to get!!  How wonderful and thank you so much.  Can I ask if you know his address and where did you speak to him?  It's too lat to ring him now will have to be tomorrow night.

I'm buzzin, he's family.   ;D

Regards

Pam
Ainsworth, Meletto/Milito/Maletto-Bolton, <br />Blackmore- Widnes, Radcliffe, Devon.<br />Boyes- Devon, Kent.<br />Bradley- Windle, Sefton<br />Fisher- Blackburn, St Helens<br />Greenhalgh- Bury, Radcliffe, USA<br />Hennefer/Hennifer/Henefer/Henneford- Bolton, Derbyshire, Staffordshire, Worc, Warw,<br />Kenwright- Widnes, Runcorn<br />Knowles- Sefton, Formby<br />Sutton- Homer Green, Sefton, Lunt, St Helens, Formby<br />Thompson- St Helens<br />Thrush- St Helens, Yorks.<br />Ware-Devon, Surrey

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 26 February 17 07:51 GMT (UK) »
The eldest daughter Ellen 1901 census is Helen Ware on the last census age 25.
Mother Emily filled out the form and signed it says she had 8 children.

Offline Maundrell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 26 February 17 09:06 GMT (UK) »
Hello Pam,

Harry Junior lives at 29 Rockhaven Gardens, Saint Minver, Cornwall.
We have just bought a house down there and Harry has taken a shine to our youngest son Jonathan who is 12 years old.

As we have been getting to know him, he mentioned that his father was Harry Blackmore, afamous footballer, and then became a butcher down in Exeter. He couldn't remember which clubs he played for so I said I would google it, and in doing so found your message.

When we went to see him to tell him about your message, he was very proud to show us a picture of his father with the FA cup.

I am glad that this has come as good news for you, and we would love to hear how things progress.

Judy, Nick and Jonathon Maundrell

Offline PamH

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 27 February 17 23:10 GMT (UK) »
The eldest daughter Ellen 1901 census is Helen Ware on the last census age 25.
Mother Emily filled out the form and signed it says she had 8 children.

Hi amondg

Thank you for your input.  Yes I do have this info and Helen/Ellen was born before she got married, gave me quite a runaround that one did.  Emily is my grt grandmothers sister. 

Thank you again

Pam x
Ainsworth, Meletto/Milito/Maletto-Bolton, <br />Blackmore- Widnes, Radcliffe, Devon.<br />Boyes- Devon, Kent.<br />Bradley- Windle, Sefton<br />Fisher- Blackburn, St Helens<br />Greenhalgh- Bury, Radcliffe, USA<br />Hennefer/Hennifer/Henefer/Henneford- Bolton, Derbyshire, Staffordshire, Worc, Warw,<br />Kenwright- Widnes, Runcorn<br />Knowles- Sefton, Formby<br />Sutton- Homer Green, Sefton, Lunt, St Helens, Formby<br />Thompson- St Helens<br />Thrush- St Helens, Yorks.<br />Ware-Devon, Surrey

Offline PamH

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 27 February 17 23:30 GMT (UK) »
Hello Pam,

We have just bought a house down there and Harry has taken a shine to our youngest son Jonathan who is 12 years old.

As we have been getting to know him, he mentioned that his father was Harry Blackmore, afamous footballer, and then became a butcher down in Exeter. He couldn't remember which clubs he played for so I said I would google it, and in doing so found your message.

When we went to see him to tell him about your message, he was very proud to show us a picture of his father with the FA cup.

I am glad that this has come as good news for you, and we would love to hear how things progress.

Hi Judy,

Thank you so much, I am no good on the phone and I will get a letter off to him very soon.  I know my mum and dad used to go down to see him and we have the post cards sent home from them.  I started the family tree a while after my mum and dad died which was 21yrs ago now.  Very time consuming but, I loved every minute of it.  It's been quite q while since I did any as my husband was attacked at work in 2007 and it didn't seem that important anymore, at that time.  I keep looking but, I lost the thread.  Now I am retired I can get into it again hopefully.

I'm so pleased he is ok and taking an interest in your son.  I can see that being a good friendship.  When we were down there in 30th Jul 2005, we met some lovely people but, didn't have long enough to see who may be still living in either Silverton or Bradninch.  Bradninch was where the main family mainly lived, till Harry and Emily moved to Silverton.  Emily's other brother Alfred moved up north to Ramsbottom and started working in the mill there.  Alice (my grt grandmother) joined him but, had my grandfather out of wed lock and got thrown out.  We had some skeletons that's for sure.  I met a lovely lady in the Church in Silverton and she knew everyone, loved her to bits.  Then a lovely man on line who was in the same area and part of the history society, sent me a letter Harry sent back home from being in Bolton, magical wasn't the word.  Seeing as I had no one to ask and just some scribbled notes of my Uncle Derek re-internet after going down to the villages on the train, we haven't done too badly.  We also have a Blackmore family on my mum's side so I have to be careful ha ha.

Anyway this is getting an epic but, lovely to have contact with you Judy and your family.  Thank you so much for posting, made my day, well more than a day.  My husband Bob has just got his diary out from our time down there so, will read it over again.  Give Harry a huge hug from me please and hope we may just meet him you never know.

Pam and Bob

Offline paulmh

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 01 March 17 16:33 GMT (UK) »
Hello Pam,

Hi Judy,

Thank you so much, I am no good on the phone and I will get a letter off to him very soon.  I know my mum and dad used to go down to see him and we have the post cards sent home from them.  I started the family tree a while after my mum and dad died which was 21yrs ago now.  Very time consuming but, I loved every minute of it.  It's been quite q while since I did any as my husband was attacked at work in 2007 and it didn't seem that important anymore, at that time.  I keep looking but, I lost the thread.  Now I am retired I can get into it again hopefully.

I'm so pleased he is ok and taking an interest in your son.  I can see that being a good friendship.  When we were down there in 30th Jul 2005, we met some lovely people but, didn't have long enough to see who may be still living in either Silverton or Bradninch.  Bradninch was where the main family mainly lived, till Harry and Emily moved to Silverton.  Emily's other brother Alfred moved up north to Ramsbottom and started working in the mill there.  Alice (my grt grandmother) joined him but, had my grandfather out of wed lock and got thrown out.  We had some skeletons that's for sure.  I met a lovely lady in the Church in Silverton and she knew everyone, loved her to bits.  Then a lovely man on line who was in the same area and part of the history society, sent me a letter Harry sent back home from being in Bolton, magical wasn't the word.  Seeing as I had no one to ask and just some scribbled notes of my Uncle Derek re-internet after going down to the villages on the train, we haven't done too badly.  We also have a Blackmore family on my mum's side so I have to be careful ha ha.

Anyway this is getting an epic but, lovely to have contact with you Judy and your family.  Thank you so much for posting, made my day, well more than a day.  My husband Bob has just got his diary out from our time down there so, will read it over again.  Give Harry a huge hug from me please and hope we may just meet him you never know.

Pam and Bob

This is fantastic. I know it is an old post but I am glad that Pam has (eventually) got the information and help she wanted. That is what is great about this site.

As a football fanatic, would you be able to post the pics of Harry in his playing days and with the trophies please? 
Name Interests: Holland, Marshall, Townrow, Taylor.

Townrow Family Tree - http://townrowfamilytree.weebly.com
Football Researchers - http://footballresearches.weebly.com/index.html
Sheffield United - www.blades-mad.co.uk

Offline PamH

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 02 March 17 23:03 GMT (UK) »
Hello Pam,

Hi Judy,

Pam and Bob

This is fantastic. I know it is an old post but I am glad that Pam has (eventually) got the information and help she wanted. That is what is great about this site.

As a football fanatic, would you be able to post the pics of Harry in his playing days and with the trophies please? 

Hi

I will see if I can.  Hope it works!!

Offline PamH

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 02 March 17 23:09 GMT (UK) »
Hello Pam,

Hi Judy,

Pam and Bob

I don't think I can, there' no button to add a picture and it won't paste into a message.  Sorry