Author Topic: Multiple profiles  (Read 8859 times)

Offline wheeldon

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple profiles
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday 17 May 06 17:37 BST (UK) »
Sorry, will get back on track (ish)  ;)

I did once inquire about changing my user name as it's not very witty or interesting.  I chose it 'off the cuff' as I didn't realise at the time that I would be using this site so much.  I'm now glad that I decided against changing it, as if any researchers google Wheeldon they are bound to come across me sooner or later.

If people are using different user names to become different personas, then that strikes me as being a little sad.  Their own personalities must be lacking if they feel the need to do this.  Most users personalities shine through ;D
Wheeldon  Derbyshire & Manchester
Willshaw Staffordshire & Manchester
Wilshaw Staffordshire & Manchester
Pugh Manchester, Haston, Hadwell, Shrewsbury, Shropshire
Patrick Coventry, Warwick, Foleshill
Kelly Dronmore County Down & Manchester
Stewart  Hilsborough County Down & Manchester
Moffatt/Moffitt County May &, Lancashire

Offline Ninatoo

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple profiles
« Reply #73 on: Sunday 28 May 06 13:18 BST (UK) »
Here is another reason for using two names:

I am Ninatoo on the boards and 7 of 9 in the chatroom.  (Haven't been there much lately, but hi chatters!)  Very occasionally I forget to sign out after chat, so 7 of 9 has been used to post a couple of times on the message boards, but I always 'fess up, because it is not, and never has been a secret as to why I use two names.

Here's how I got two names:

In chat, one of the other members kept writing Nine instead of Nina, and someone brought up the character 7 of 9 in the Star Trek series.  I love Star Trek, it was funny, and so it stuck...every time I logged in as Nina, I got called 7 of 9.  So I created a new log in name just for chat.  And whenever I saw someone I already knew as Nina, I would tell them who I was, and why it was changed...got very repetative, but I don't like it either when people 'hide' behind a new sign in name.

So that is my reason.... :)

CARSON - Glasgow, Ayr and Ireland
CLARK - Dunbarton
CORR - Glasgow and Ireland
COTTERILL - Glasgow and England
CROMBIE - Glasgow, Ayr and Ireland
DOCHERTY - Glasgow
EASTON - Dunbarton, Renfrew and Glasgow
GLANCY - Glasgow and Ireland
GORDON - Glasgow and Ireland
GRANELLI - Glasgow and Italy
LOGAN - Glasgow and Ireland