Author Topic: Eliza Parry  (Read 6144 times)

Offline Kim Pearce

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Eliza Parry
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 06 May 06 02:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Daisy,

I also came across a Jane Thompson in the 1841 census (probably the same one that you did). 

I noted that this Jane was a staymaker which leads me to suspect that this is "my" Jane.  My Jane, her daughter and her grand daughter were all corset or stay makers, according to the various Welsh censuses.

I would think that a birth record of Eliza Kneale to William Kneale and Jane Thompson and a marriage record of Jane Thompson/Kneale to John Parry are what I am needed to solve my little family mystery.

Thanks for all the help.

Kim

Offline Daisypetal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 06 May 06 18:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Kim,

I expect you've seen the IGI entry for

Eliza THOMPSON d. of William KNEALE and Eliza THOMPSON b.01 Oct 1841, Lezayre,

maybe it would be worth asking someone to check the original entry in case it's a transcription error, it seems very coincidental.

Also have you already seen the 1851 Elizabeth KNEALE living in Liverpool as a niece?

Regards
Daisy
All Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline Kim Pearce

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 06 May 06 18:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Daisy!

I had heard something about the IGI reference to Eliza in 1841, but had originally dismissed it due to the difference in the years of birth.  I'm going to follow your suggestion of having someone check the entry.

I had not seen the 1851 census, but will check it out now.

Thanks again.

Kim

Offline Daisypetal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 06 May 06 19:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Kim,

Wouldn't the DOB be just right?

If she was born in Oct 1841 then she would be 19 in the Apr 1861 census  :)

Daisy
All Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline Kim Pearce

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 06 May 06 19:08 BST (UK) »
Her marriage certificate lists her age as 25 at the time of the marriage in 1867.  We always assumed she was born in 1842 or 1843 and that she was "legitimate".    As such, we discounted anything prior to 1842.  Silly us!