Author Topic: Genealogy - I'm invited!!!!!  (Read 3768 times)

Offline Emjaybee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Yer I be again
    • View Profile
Genealogy - I'm invited!!!!!
« on: Thursday 30 March 06 11:56 BST (UK) »
I recently had a contact from Australia looking for info on his Gt Grandad. Our family were good friends with the said Grandad and in fact I had a number of photos of him with my family members.

I sent copies to Australia that were passed around the family, and I am told they have many happy memories of my Gran and Grandad.

My wife and I have now been invited to meet the family who gather at an international annual family party in the UK, which foretunately is being held near  us.

It just shows, genealogy is not all dead/buried/missing/ BMD 1800's etc. Genealogy lives!

How nice.

No names nemtioned out of respect for privacy.

Mike
Beard Voyce, Scrivens in Worcestershire

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
Re: Genealogy - I'm invited!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 30 March 06 12:15 BST (UK) »
That's great Meldrew, I hope you have a great time, may your jaw never stop aching from chatting and catching up on news.

Mary
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)

Offline Su

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Every time an Angel smiles a flower grows
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 30 March 06 17:48 BST (UK) »
How super Meldrew, let's hope the next party is in Australia  8)  Have a great time...with lots of happy memories.

Su
Barnett Altrincham/Manchester
Bates Hindley Lancs
Bowyer Altrincham Cheshire
Cunliffe Hindley
Hollingworth Hale Barnes/Mobberley Ches
Jones Salford/Altrincham
Ramsdale Hindley Lancs
Timperley Warburton/Dunham Massey
Yarwood Great Budworth,Lymm,Dumham Massey

All Census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright

Offline CU

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 30 March 06 19:10 BST (UK) »
Great News .Enjoy yourself ;D
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline CarolBurns

• I am no longer accepting new replies to my topics
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm still looking !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 01 April 06 00:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Meldrew

Enjoy every minute you are with them and remember everything (or at least as much as you can)

I have just met my Dad's 2nd cousin for the first time today and we had a fantastic time. My dad is still chatting away about the similarities between them.

Unfortunately they had a dinner to attend so with 10 minutes before the dinner started we had to drag them to the car and drive and high speed to their hotel and drop them off and then they didn't rush in even though they had to get changed!

I hope you enjoy the experience as much as we all did today and may there be many more for you

Carol
Thomas, Williams,Owen (s),Griffith (s), Jones - Anglesey<br />Burns, Wallace - Northumberland, Ireland, Scotland<br />Horsburgh, Sandilands, Blackhall, Rankine, Rankin, Hilson, Nielson - Scotland <br />Turnbull, Mills, Burgoyne, Burgon - Northumberland, <br />Davidson - Scotland, India, Burma<br /> Lopez - India, Burma<br/>

Offline linmey

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Propping up a Saxon shore fort!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 01 April 06 08:45 BST (UK) »
Thats really good news Meldrew. Have a great time.
Reynolds, Woodham, Payne, Wilmott, Hart, Richardson, Packwood, Tandy, Dexter - Bedfordshire.
Chamberlain and Wagstaff- Hunts.
Freeman, Cheney, Cox- Northants.
Burns, Muter, Cobban, Hossack, Strachan, Moonlight.
Lanarkshire, Ross and Cromarty and Kincardineshire.
Garvey- Ireland.

Census Information Is Crown Copyright From--
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Emjaybee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Yer I be again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 01 April 06 09:14 BST (UK) »
Thank you all for your good wishes.
I am now checking the tape recorder, well more digital recorder I suppose, so that I can collect all the stories about my Grandad and Gran. I may just manage to work the camera too, and get some pics for the album.

Trouble is I am so full of enthusiasm I shall have to be carefull not to make a nuisance of my self, this is a private family do after all.
Beard Voyce, Scrivens in Worcestershire

Offline CarolBurns

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm still looking !
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 01 April 06 10:56 BST (UK) »

Trouble is I am so full of enthusiasm I shall have to be carefull not to make a nuisance of my self, this is a private family do after all.

If you get over enthusiastic just pretend you are a newspaper reporter doing a story for the local rag - that will help them all talk and pose for pics lol

Carol
Thomas, Williams,Owen (s),Griffith (s), Jones - Anglesey<br />Burns, Wallace - Northumberland, Ireland, Scotland<br />Horsburgh, Sandilands, Blackhall, Rankine, Rankin, Hilson, Nielson - Scotland <br />Turnbull, Mills, Burgoyne, Burgon - Northumberland, <br />Davidson - Scotland, India, Burma<br /> Lopez - India, Burma<br/>

Offline CarolBurns

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm still looking !
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 01 April 06 10:56 BST (UK) »
They are probably as excited as you are

Carol