Author Topic: Genealogy - I'm invited!!!!!  (Read 3767 times)

Offline sandiep

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Genealogy - I'm invited!!!!!
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 06 May 06 14:39 BST (UK) »
its lovely to meet up with people even if the relationship is distant.........Iinvited some distant cousins to my 60th and it was great fun mind you most were from hubbies side but it was lovely to try to find resemblances in photos............am hoping for a get together this summer with some more cousins.......makes it all seem much more real :)

sandie
Pender, Raphael,Lambert,Digby,Stent,
Dowell,cornish,mulley,Death,Rosier,
East End,Suffolk,Essex,Cornwall,Devon,London,  middlesex, hertfordshire                                      Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline CarolBurns

• I am no longer accepting new replies to my topics
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm still looking !
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody remember my invite?
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 07 May 06 01:59 BST (UK) »
If you can, take as many pictures as you can find and include the odd one you would not expect to be of interest, you can almost guarantee that will be the one that stirs the most memories.

Mike

Because it is our "busy" time of the year here, we had to have the new rellies visit us. I had just found a 2nd cousin of hubby's and it just so happened that his wife and son were coming here for the weekend for the kids football tournaments a couple of weeks later. I printed out copies of all the photos I thought would interest them - mainly common relatives such as Great Grandparents and one rare one of Great Great Grandmother and her 5 eldest sons (they had 11 kids altogether). The wife took them back home with her and 2nd cousin took them to show his Auntie and Uncle (1st cousins of hubby's Dad). The best part for me was finding out that they had never met their Grandparents as their parents moved away when they were very young and contact was scarce. 2nd cousin said the look on their faces was fantastic to see - I just wish I had been there. The strange part is that they live only about 30 miles from where their Grandparents lived and had nothing yet we were right across the country and had everything. So now I never say " Oh I only had these and wish I had more" as I know there are rellies out there who have got nothing to remind them

So I agree that photos are the best ice breakers and can be a bit of a surprise for many. It doesn't matter whether you have only one or two - that one or two could make someones day!  ;D

Carol
Thomas, Williams,Owen (s),Griffith (s), Jones - Anglesey<br />Burns, Wallace - Northumberland, Ireland, Scotland<br />Horsburgh, Sandilands, Blackhall, Rankine, Rankin, Hilson, Nielson - Scotland <br />Turnbull, Mills, Burgoyne, Burgon - Northumberland, <br />Davidson - Scotland, India, Burma<br /> Lopez - India, Burma<br/>